I own it all to badger patriot superfine conversion

Glorfindel said:
Neo that engine is sick.

Thanks man

---

Here the progress

i salt weathered the bottom
p1040003g.jpg

and prepped the top (when the water dies off its going in the spray booth)
p1030998r.jpg

p1040001p.jpg

The trick is to remember what your car looks like in the Canadian winter and replicate it :p

Oh I can feel what is coming next Neo! Mmmm!! ;D Doing a fine job Sir!!! Did a bit of salting myself on another small project last night!! ;) Keep it coming!!

TRM said:
Oh I can feel what is coming next Neo! Mmmm!! ;D
I know what your thinking but NO im not licking the salt... humm wait a minute i do have a bottle of Tequilla laying around somewhere :p

Grendels said:
Yes do keep it coming, I want to see it without the salt!

Will do but there an extra charge if you want to see her Saltless :p

Neo said:
TRM said:
I know what your thinking but NO im not licking the salt... humm wait a minute i do have a bottle of Tequilla laying around somewhere :p

[/quote]

Mmm...Tequilla! LOL...no "training wheels" for this guy! But the salt on a Margareta is a different story!!!! ;D ;D ;D

looking forward to that chipping, Neo. I just finished translating article about similar Japanese aircraft for Russian magazine.

Grendels said:
Neo said:
Grendels said:
Yes do keep it coming, I want to see it without the salt!

Will do but there an extra charge if you want to see her Saltless :p

I didn't know we were on that kind of site.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL well of course we are to me planes are Lady's and WWII are sexy ones :p

TRM said:
Neo said:
TRM said:

Mmm...Tequilla! LOL...no "training wheels" for this guy! But the salt on a Margareta is a different story!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

LOL well with the amount of salt on this thing i think i cant imagine how many shots that would be !!

OK so all joking aside (although i enjoy a good laugh has much has building models)

Ive been masking away for the white bands and still have to maks the yellow before i can get the salt off her. In the process i had to remove some salt to place my tape adn of course some fell off while holding the plane

p1040009k.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Neo

had time to paint today !!

p1040010a.jpg

p1040014s.jpg

still too freash to remove the salt but tomorow sounds good to me !

Cheers

Neo

YeHa

Salt if off !! i wet sanded the hole plane woth 2000 grit to remove masking demarcations and to remove the small salt that would not go with a toothbrush then gave her a warm dishwashing soap cleaning(Dawn) to remove residues.

here is how she looks

p1040021z.jpg

p1040017o.jpg

p1040022u.jpg

tonight i applied a coat of future in prep for decals

Cheers

Neo

Grendels said:
She is looking well used and beat up. Nice work with the salt!

Thanks Grendels

Cant wait to start on the decals and weathering

wow...you can really get some great work done in 1/32. i love your colors and salt treatment on this...

nicholassagan said:
wow...you can really get some great work done in 1/32. i love your colors and salt treatment on this...

Thanks its a really fun build so far too!

Alright update time

ive been hacking away at decals .. literally !

all the stencils have been applied then hack at with different tools to make them blend it the chipped paint job

I still have the tail and the black walkway to chip

Note that the Insignia's have no chipping as ive been told they where kept in pristine shame to honor their country

p1040031k.jpg

p1040032e.jpg

p1040033e.jpg

More Soon

Neo

Latest posts

Back