1/25 military accessories

TiM

Yup, I do mean 1/25 ...

any ideas if anyone makes anything in this scale like weapons, drums, fuel barrels etc. ??

Also, might be looking for figures - all google finds me is 50's era railway accessories that are painted :(

Not sure about accessories but with Tamiya bringing out 1/24 tanks im sure there will be aftermarket stuff produced in scale

or 1/24, not going to notice that difference.

I'm after things like water / fuel drums, weaponry, stowage (although I could make that) and figures that don't look like they are loitering on a 1950's train platform...

I got a set of figures from Dragon, but I could not tell you where I got them from. So there is stuff out there. You just have to look.

Re: 1/25 - 1/24 scale military accessories

Are you looking for any era stuff? What about accuracy level?

There are 1/25 - 1/24 scale kits of "civilian" subjects on the shelves now.
The fuel cans, for example, have the single flat piece for a handle look.
I guess this is not what you're looking for because the way you describe the railroad stuff.
I know what you mean with those :(

Italeri re-issued the ESCI Land Rover and Toyota Armed Pickup, both in 1/24. These are currently available but at a high price.

Large Scale Armory does resin:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/madsamkidd/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Now some of those look interesting...

time to find out how much to ship something small, low value and light half way round the world ::)

I'm looking for stuff to accessorise a diorama idea for the rumours of war, so anything modern ish and not '50s blob moulded people is up for consideration.

I did remember I have a 1/24th Rally team from Tamiya somewhere which may yield some starting points ;D

Look in the 1/24th scale section mainly in grage/racing accesories and pit crews and accesories. Have seen a few kits but most are more towards racing materials, i.e. Fuel cans(high speed fueling) but the tools and cabintes and figures as well. With a little putty and plastic surgery should get you to the area you're looking for..Good luck.

1/24 scale is equal to 1/2" to the foot, G scale rail road which encompasses several scales including 1:20.3, 1/22.5 , 1/29, and 1/32 this is because all G scale uses the same track to represent different real life gauges.

1:20.3 would be 3' gauge but 1/29 would represent 4'-8-1/2" US standard gauge or 1:22.5 represent European meter gauge. Why all this train scale trivia? Knowing this will help you shop for bitz in the train section of the catalog, hope that helps out, I'll go back to lurking now.

Latest posts

Back