1/25 1937 Ford Pickup

Hulk

If you can't run it. Chrome it!
Hey

This is the first year I'm entering the contest and I was really looking forward to this since last year, so I'm very happy to finally get in.

Here's my entry: 1/25 Revell 1937 Ford Pickup 2n1

It's gonna be pretty much oob, except for mags and tires that came from my parts box. I will try to give it a little hotrod/ratrod twist.
I never built a kit in a so short time, and I've already got one unfinish, so it's really gonna be a challenge.
I'll keep the pics coming.
Good luck and have fun.

Hulk

This it the kit that got me back into model building. Better watch out to it'll bite you!

Dale

Hey everyone,

Thanks for cheers up. I've got throught the kit and I'm very please with it, it's well detail and you've got a few options with the 2n1. I got all the engine painted and will be assemble pretty soon and will post pics as soon it's together. Also I decided to wired the engine, that's a first time for me. Also got the frame and suspension prep for paint for tomorow those pics will also follow really soon.

Hulk

Hey guys

I've got a lot done and sorry I'm not keeping up with pics, but here are some.

I decide to go hotrod style on this one so here is the original body with the cab molded
(I really can't figure why the picture is rotated this way but I'm unable to fix this)

And here it is after the cut

It's pretty much drastic, here is a little preview of what it should look like

I put the engine in just to give an idea, but it's not complete, I'm gonna have some wires on it, but my first attemp fail, so I'm restarting that.
Also all the suspension is finish and I'm working on the mags and tires, so I hope to have a rolling chassis by soon.

Hulk

hey

Got the frame and suspension together, just missing the exhaust system, but I'm working on changing the tips

Hulk

Thanks

I just put a black wash on it (first time) and I'm really impressed by the difference it make's and it went together pretty easily without any problem.

Little update, mags are done, but I'm missing the tires, I've got some big Goodyear to go on this one, and I have to paint the lettering on the side walls, but should roll soon.

Hey

Got some work done over the last few days.

Here is the engine, shinny and running, it's wired (first attempt, I'm not a 100% satisfied with it but I think it look ok), I also add the little link between the 2 carbs.

Also I found those fat exhaust tips in my stash, think they fit the look

Rad's done, simple but nice

Same for the mags

I also start the work on the wooden bed, I choose to paint it instead of using the kit decal, here is just the first steps, I got 2 light colors and will be going with the darkest

Last, I will need some help, I got these very nice tires in my stash that I decide to put under. The problem I got is that they got very nice sidewall details, I want to paint the GoodYear logo white, but I fail at 2 painting attempt. How would you do those?

Thanks for looking and your help is more than welcome

Great progress on this.

Painting those tires...hmm. Tricky. Do they sell a white Sharpie Marker? That would be easier than a paint brush.

Looks good so far. Ditto to what Scott said about those tires. Maybe get a set of colored pencils from a craft store and use the white one on the tires and spray it with a dull coat if it looks OK. Wash it off and start over if not. When I built this kit the one thing I couldn't stand was the plastic wood. I used balsa to make a real wood floor for the bed and built the side rails from it, too. I can post a pic after Friday if you want to see how it turned out.

Dale

Painting the lettering takes a steady hand, however if you want to give it a try, use an acrylic white to paint them, something like Vallejo 951 White.

Couple of reason for that, 1. an enamel paint never seems to dry properly on the vinyl tires, and 2, acrylic is much more forgiving when making mistakes, get some paint off the letters where you don't want it, lots of times the tip of a #11 blade is enough to gently scrape away the unwanted paint when it is still wet.

However if you don't want to paint them and you have a well stocked artist shop near by, AC Moore, Michael's, etc, etc., there are acrylic pens you can buy that you can get in white. Still takes a steady hand to paint the lettering however.

Thanks for the tips

Hey Dave would like to see this balsa bed, should really look great.

I drop by the craftstore after work and the y didn't got acrylic marker, but the girl there suggest me a Sharpie with paint in it, but it's oil based. I try it and I'm pretty satisfied with the result, the only thing it's that is really liquid and spread up easily, I try to scrap it up with a hobbyknife, but doesn't work out really well, so I let it dry and I will try to do some touch ups with black paint and a toothpick.

Also got the interior started, I'm was looking for an old leather look and baremetal look.

More to come!

Looking great. Some of those small parts scare me. It shouldn't be humanly possibly to paint those. ^_^

Latest posts

Back