1/24 Tamiya Honda City Cabriolet (hover conversion)

Base Coat down for now. Making some progress finally....
I'd like to get a 1:24 driver for this build... but want to spend the least amount of money (as close to $0 more as possible), and also just can't seem to find any from a trustworthy place online.

The best part, it isn't a joke. I love me some Pink Bismuth. Comprehensively cool stomach feeling, just one quaff away!

OWOu.gif

Lol.
I can't think of any detriment for these tools being magnetized off hand... but please let me now if you see something I should have some concern for.
No issues with nearby PCs, Speakers, or anything else with a PCB or solid state memory at this time, lol.

Ha ha , yeah , I know you're not a wristwatch junky like me but that's one thing that you don't want a mechanical watch exposed to .
I'm surprised at the field strength .
All my tools at the bench are hanging from magnets , bits included and Xacto blades , so I can't think of any issues .

02.JPG

Yeah.. I could see that being a worry if I was sitting here all day with a mechanical watch on my right wrist, about half an arms length from this spreading magnetism, lol. (I work in IT at a desk that is a 90 deg turn and 45 degree push off away from my hobby bench).
Work PC is closer to the magnet than my personal PC... so I have a warning field, lol.

Thrusters and LEDs glued together, glad I'm posting this I see the left most thruster has backed out some. Fixed that and watching it now.
I still can't get over how nice this SMS paint was to use.

PXL_20220531_203105356.jpg

It's about time to start the wiring of the chassis. I had an old blown fuse kicking around, so I've decided to use it to fabricate a simple switch.

PXL_20220602_184238239.jpgPXL_20220602_184209441.jpgPXL_20220602_184222160.jpg

In true Honda fashion, it's going to be a tight squeeze to get all my parts in here.

I have done a couple of LED tests, I've started soldering but still have about 2/3 the way to go.

I've been a little stumbly on my order of operations since this is so far outside of my normal build. But I had to do some soldering, then about 1/4 chassis painting, then some more soldering, then gluing, then more soldering. I'm still trying to reckon how I'm going to mount the thrusters.

Last edited:
I've been at a bit of a standstill with this. I destroyed my hobby space removing my corporate work space from it... and I've yet to clean enough to actually hobby most things...
Not a huge deal since I am dragging my feet on soldering. Currently struggling with getting all of my connections somewhere out of sight on this tiny cabriolet.
I'm currently toying with the idea of using a couple of construction staples as junctions.

It's like safety vest orange, lol. Did Marlboro ever stray from red? (I was around for the print ad ban for cigarettes, but tv ads were killed before my time)

Latest posts

Back