1/24 scale tires for the masses

KennethC

Guys/Gals... A couple of years ago I found a source of off road tires that are perfect for most 1/24 1/25 scale car or truck kits. They're made by Losi for Micro RC trucks. Here is a link to a website. Scroll down a bit for more options.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1451_778/products_id/18648/n/Losi-Pre-Mounted-Desert-Tire-Set-Chrome-4

Generally they take very little modification to fit onto the axles of 1/24 kits.

Sample (I have a set of these for a 1/24 van and they look BADASS)
losb1572.jpg

Total badass. Thanks for the link. Would love to see a pic of these mocked up on a 1/24 vehicle...if you had time.

Scott. I'll have to dig up a photo at home. I thought I had one here at work but apparently not. The look really good on a 1/24 truck... just slightly taller and quite a bit wider than stock.

Unfortunately it's harder to find tires in 1/35... I used Humvee Wrangler tires on my Meng Toyota. That was the only tire I could find that fit my theme and size requirements without looking odd. i didn't want to use narrow WWII pattern non directional. I was looking for something commercially available (in real life) and the Wranglers fit the bill.

I have another zombie truck idea in mind that utilizes the special forces dumvee tire which is simply a Super Swamper... easily had by civilians.

That they do! I think I used Superdope's m26 as a ref when I was building mine.

thanx for the link...Just got them today and they are sweet...again thanx for the info...:)

Latest posts

Back