1/24 Miami Vice Daytona Spider (Fujimi)

What did you use to polish it ? came out amazing

I used automotive polishing compounds to finish the paintwork. First the 3M coarse compound (Fast Cut), followed by 3M fine compound. To give it some final shine I applied Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. =)

Usually at that stage it is time to paint all the window frames, door locks, knobs, etc. but that car had none of those. Ferrari Daytonas had a silver molding around the windshield but here it was black. Smooth door panels and bonnet. Almost nothing more to do with the body. Perfect! =)

Something I had to modify/add were mirrors. Miami Vice car did not have nice, small, chromed, round mirrors but big, rectangle, black ones. I decided to copy and/or modify a set of mirrors from the stash of my model kits and nearly ideal match was found. The mirrors came from Aoshima Toyota Hilux Custom. I would have never believed that the best match for Ferrari door mirrors could come from a truck. =)
null-37.jpg

Bumpers from the kit were great. Nice, chromed pieces. The only thing missing was a rubber molding. I did not want to strip chrome and repaint already perfect parts and I did not want black paint to rub off from smooth surface. The best solution was flat black adhesive foil from Hasegawa
null-35.jpg

The finished bumpers
null-47.jpg

Next - Headlamps. Those had to be modified to Daytona early type specs, as I did at the begginning - both lamps under one long transparent cover, but the shape of the lamps also had to be modified. In genuine Ferrari Daytona it was round but in Miami Vice - rectangle.
Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns ( Miami Vice video by StevenMighty )

I did not have such lenses in my stash so I had to make them from a spare transparent part.
null-48.jpg

null-49.jpg

null-56.jpg

null-58.jpg

Note amber turn signals. Ferrari had those partially clear.

Windshield in place
null-57.jpg

And bumpers in place
null-69.jpg

Time to put everything together =)
null-66.jpg

null-64.jpg

null-67.jpg

Miami Vice Daytona had Ferrari emblem above the headlamp cover but since the cover from the kit had clearly marked space for the emblem I applied the decal there.
null-81.jpg

It is a tiny change and I did not strive for 100% accuracy... =)

Door mirrors and wipers
null-71.jpg

null-101.jpg

And Miami Vice licence plate =)
null-73.jpg

Nearly there! =)
Vice chase

Wow looks cool. Love the paint work . Makes me want to put on my my pink linen suit and blow dry my hair 8)

Nice job on the car as a whole. The paint work on it looks awesome 8)

That is so beautiful, the shine on the body is perfect

Any photos yet of it without anything to give away it's scale......you'd think it was a real motor

J

It looks great and Thank you for the scene :)
LrdSatyr8 - I was trying to convince Marek to recreate that seen but he didn't want to :(

Latest posts

Back