1:24 Back To The Future I Delorean Time Machine

You're welcome, glad it worked out.

Every time I look at what you have done here I'm astounded.

I think I'm done with the flux capacitor, it's a bit of a mess. Part of me wants to start all over and do a real all out detailing proper job, nice and clean, another part of me says: just finish the darn thing.
16662145039_de4dddc9b0_b.jpg
And some long exposure shots of the blue lights (brighter than in real life), test fitted the PE exhausts on the back of the car (very nice parts compared to the thick plastic equivalent that are in the kit).
16640962307_cfb7015a26_b.jpg
16848270405_52ecfc0fb6_b.jpg
There's a ton of wiring all over the car, also inside, I think that will be the next job, painting those 0.2 mm wires in red, yellow, black, blue, after I find a place to fix the fibers and led's and that should wrap up the lighting apart from leading wires to a central point. Probably gonna use 9 volt battery. Thinking of a base that represents that carpark from the movie, just the tarmac with some white parking lines on it. Thanks for watching guys, appreciate it.
Barry

Thanks all.

Started on the base. I actually thought of a base I want to do for the '89 batmobile (which build I will do after this one AND the speeder bike is done), in the movie there's the shot of the batmobile going fast on this wet road through a forest tothe batcave, kicking up leaves. Would be great to do a very long base with trees on one side (only stems, no leaves) and the road littered with leaves, imagine the lighting of the car, yellow in front, lighting the trees, casting shadows, and in the rear the red taillights (and the flames) lighting the other half. Would be awesome and very fitting to the movie.
In the mean time, the base for the Delorean will be a section of the mall parking lot, asphalt and some white parking lines on it, wet look (maybe some puddles even). So I poored some plaster (with grey paint) in a shallow mold and using coarse sandpaper when the plaster was about to set made these imprints that resemble sand/asphalt. Will sand it down a bit and then paint it. The wet look will fit the scene in the movie where we first get to see the car in action and it'll make wonderfull reflections of all the lighting. Car itself has taillights now and the rear is almost done, rails with blue lights are glued down, still have to do some interior work and all the wiring. But it looks real good, especially comes to life sitting on the base.

Barry

16743692359_18d38076b0_b.jpg
16928610732_36fa0c8f98_b.jpg

Love to see the finished project of your STUNNING DeLorean.

I'm about to embark on the BTTF II Time machine. Will be pretty much OOTB, but no where near as awesome of this.

Really inspiring! :eek:

You've only gone and done it again.
BANG! There goes my socks!
truly stunning work...
cheers peza

Sigh. Lost interest a bit (screwed up some painting and thought I should just start all over) and had other projects, many excuses, but will get back at this model soon. Thanks guys for keeping an interest. Barry

Latest posts

Back