1:20 Tamiya Mclaren MP4/8 - European Grand Prix

tehSAC

Built this last year during quarantine. First F1 model I had built in about 15 years. This kit had been sitting in in a box in the garage since before my first child was born. I had always wanted to complete this kit just as I have.

I did not complete the engine, and glued the cowling onto the kit. A true curbside kit for sure. There are a couple spots I'm not happy with but overall I'm pretty happy with it. The part that bugs me the most is that I completely flubbed the nose stripe. I didn't notice it until assembly I did a horrible masking job and didn't paint far enough back towards the mirrors. Most wont notice but you know damn well that will bug me. Paint turned out good, decals went on well, and it looks like a real race car. Haha.

ai3MdD1.jpg

kcGwQNf.jpg

l9QRKUu.jpg

JlIHrQ6.jpg

Iyl4mRB.jpgWF5ntCQ.jpg

That flag must've been quite a challenge to paint given the shape. Speaking of which, Senna, is that you?

Very cool!

Love the subtle dirt/dust added to make it look like it really did just finish a race

Looks real good to me. I've always wanted to try one of these kits but the scale always kept me away, that much surface area to paint makes me nervous! Hahahhaa!!!

Latest posts

Back