1/20 GroberHund "ALTAIR"

Re: 1/20 GroβerHund "ALTAIR"

Excellent progress, CG!

I really like your method for holding parts for painting and drying, too. I may make myself something like that. I pin things to a piece of corrugated cardboard, or attach them with a piece of masking tape, doubled over.

Thanks guys!

I really like your method for holding parts for painting and drying, too. I may make myself something like that. I pin things to a piece of corrugated cardboard, or attach them with a piece of masking tape, doubled over.

Baron - I built these part holders in an hour or so. They work great! I posted a step-by-step on in another topic. http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,6965.45.html
--

Base coat is on! Yay. Camo and stripes were hand painted. Things look a little stark right now. All should meld together once the weatheiring commences. At least, I hope things will meld together. :)

I have a few touch ups to make but, otherwise, I believe I'll be spraying Future this afternoon. Then decals. Once everything is set, on to weathering.

2013BSC_80_zps3a19ddb6.jpg

2013BSC_81_zpsd8978bae.jpg

2013BSC_82_zps0d170069.jpg

2013BSC_83_zps0efbd0b3.jpg

Nice clean work on this so far and a beautifully presented build. The paint work is quite impressive as well! Good going my friend, cant wait to see the finale!

I think he looks great....As if anyone cared what I think

Thanks the feedback, ModelMakerMike. I care. ;)

Thanks Java!

Camo is spot on!

Thanks Bizarre. I've added some additional paint mapping effects, too. I'm trying to add some depth to the camo pattern.

Nice clean work on this so far and a beautifully presented build. The paint work is quite impressive as well! Good going my friend, cant wait to see the finale!

Thanks, MrNatural, for the kind words! I can't wait for the finale either. Modeling to a deadline is stressful. :p

Quick update - No weathering yet but I did add decals. I also worked to increase the depth of the base coat - particularly the camo pattern. Hand painted mapping using increasingly lighter shades was the approach. Finally, a few minor chips and scratches as well. I'll even everything out with a satin coat tomorrow and start the weathering.

The home stretch and a three-day weekend ahead of me. I may actually finish in time! ;D

2013BSC_85_zpsc1b18f8a.jpg

2013BSC_86_zpsb524a1c3.jpg

2013BSC_87_zps308a1e07.jpg

2013BSC_88_zps05604117.jpg

2013BSC_89_zpscdae0c46.jpg

JohnSimmons and Grendels - Thanks so much!

I've been picking at this thing for a couple days now. Mostly laying oils down and detail painting. I wanted to post a quick shot of the mechanical innards, before grime and heavy weathering. I think this part of the kit has a beautiful complexity about it! Very satisfying to see all the bits and pieces glued on. You can still see the custom shocks, too!!

More work commences this evening and tomorrow. Depending on how the weathering goes, I may get the tubing and piping on by tomorrow evening. Completion nears.... ;D

2013BSC_95_zpsb0ef5629.jpg

That thing really is looking super good!
I bet you could do a great diorama with maybe a mech like this one, or something else, being worked on, with outer plates removed showing the insides. :)
I, for one, would like to see you do something like that.
;D ;D ;D

ZombieDeer and ModelMakerMike - Thank you!

ModelMakerMike, I like your idea about the diorama. I have a Perfect Grade Wing Zero Custom that would make the perfect subject (no pun intended :D). It has a uber-detailed inner structure that screams to be left uncovered.

I have been pondering what my next project will be....

--

Final pics of the GrosserHund are being taken tonight. I'll post a sneak peek prior to Friday's submission. Thanks again to everyone who followed the thread and posted feedback. It's great to share and hear your thoughts!

S-W-E-E-E-T!
This thing looks positively bad!
Cheers,
Guido

Thanks Guido!

Final contest photos are submitted. Thanks to everyone for their feedback and kind words through this build. It was great fun! Good luck to all participants, too. Lots of talent in this group.

Here's a sneak peek:

2013BSC_Final_13b_zps797d359d.jpg

Latest posts

Back