1/16 Tamiya KV-2 Tank RC

punkpigpen

I got this for my Birthday! woot woot! I am going to do a complete WIP when i start next week. I am building it as a captured Panzer tank and i am going to scratchbuild the shell racks in the back as per reference photos ive found. i have a few books too. I may take a few libertys since it didnt end up a stock KV-2 after overtaking. Also a new commander cupola is in order too.
I feel like a kid at XMas!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ha ha yeh ill start soon. I will need everyones help when we get to a little rust and mud. Its been years since i built a tank kit.

Yeh thats the same one!
thanks for the BDay wishes Scott!
I am really excited to start this. Like crazy eager to get goin but i have a half built kit i have to finish up before i commit to anything else.

:eek: Knowing How big this was in real life... WOW... in 1/16th that Turret will be a Kit on its own !!!

Very eager to see where you'll take that one !!! All your other builds were OFF the Chart !!!

Happy B-Day BTW !!!

Happy birthday, Punk. What a gift!

It'll be great to see this bad boy get the Punk treatment.

Oh, and as always, I'm required by SMA law to deliver you the obligatory reminder to take as many pictures as possible for us all to enjoy!

Have fun! ;D

thanks guys! it was an amazing gift!
Last night i just did some research on the KV2. i found some cheap books on ebay.
Its great because since i am building this as a cptured converted Panzer, i can be a tiny bit more creative in modding it.
I am also making a base (but i am also building the full RC components to run) with grass and earth etc. i have NO knowledge of how to do this so if any of you have good videos on youtube on how to use static grass etc. let me know!
heres a color scheme i may go with.

Igard said:
It'll be great to see this bad boy get the Punk treatment.

LOL. I know hollywood has already coined the phrase but it will be cool see this kit 'punked'.

in one of migs weathering vids he does his in winter scheme and it looks Awsome. its the Winter techniques one if this is any help to you

thanks ive seent the video. but im not doing the winter...He has the exact ssame kit i have but i think his is built static.

Anyonje know where i can get some 1/16 diorama supplies?...particularly bigger trees, leaves and foilage...If not i could probably create some from real branches and stuff.

PpP ,

WoW ! Happy Be-Lated Birthday !! Now .. that's a Big 'un !! WoW ! You'll have a blast weathering that !!

Research ya' say ....

http://beute.narod.ru/Beutepanzer/su/kv/kv-2/kv-2.htm A Bute Panzer is a trem given by the German's to denote that it was a Captured Vehicle it literally means Trophy Tank ... in some War time pix you will see this hand scrawled on th side of a Tank ... I haven't seen any pix of a KV-2 with that though.

There were also a few touches that the German's put on Their Beute's . Like th Panzer III/IV Commander's Coupla , the Notek Light , The Bow M.G. would have been replaced with an M.G. 34, Pioneer tools , Radio Antenna etc.

http://www.artistichobbies.com/products.php?cat=86 - Another site worth checking out. Artistic Hobbies ! They are the Largest supplier for R.C Tanks in North America ( Their words , not mine ). I happened upon them when I was looking for some Rear Deck Screens for My 1/25th scale Tamiya JagdPanther. They have some really cool AM goodies, German M.G. barrels, Antennas & Decals etc for 1/16th ! They have Awesome Customer Service !!! Ask for Gene , He's a really Cool Dude ! They also may know where to find some scale Buildings etc.

Here's some more stuff .....

German teaching film for tank destroying

We'll help turn this into a Real Beute ! ;D

Go Big or Go Home \m/

Ok I am officially super stoked to start! I may try and get through step 1 tonite :)
Heres a few pics of the metal and electronic parts. The tracks are really big but upon handling them they are super soft like ultra light hasbro plastic. I think i have to get a metal track upgrade for it. The rest of it is regular hard styrene and a metal chassis and wheels, etc. with all that top weight it just seems silly to run with the flimsy stock tracks.

Latest posts

Back