1/16 Tamiya KV-2 Tank RC

Love that Sound Unit !!! I remember when the Tiger 1 came out and you could hear it Start, sounded just like the real thing....

Those big tank are quite the treat !!! Hope your Compressor gets there fast so we can see some PAINT majic happen !!!

Best of luck with your Beast !!!

Norm.

OUT !

i saw on some site teh other day that them tracks for them tanks were like 70C a link i taught that was kinda pricy

yeh the tracks ive found are like $120 for the set. pricey yes. but i have to say those supplied tracks are not going to cut it.
Hey NORM- can you do a WIP on your new Revell tank on you tube? Maybe i can pick up some good tips perhaps! ;)

Oh, man what a fantastic model, what a monster... :) If it has been a gift, it is a very VERY good one...

Sure it is a joy to build.

I you choose the "beute" camo scheme, I think that the model will be a lot more stunning... just russian green... it would be a little monotonous...

The only thing that puzzles me a little is reading that that monster comes with "toy" tracks... well... If you aren´t going to do outdoor rallies... I´ve never seen these tracks, but I supposed that they were metal made ones. But thas a very minor drawback... I think...

Cheers,
RG

Update time. I primered the bottom hull and attched the first batch of runner slots. lots of tiny screws. I primered with metal grey primer as the bottom hull is aluminum. Don't look i did much but it took most of last night.
PS. I couldn't help myself and purchased pricey metal tracks today! :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

i would say looking good but i cant realy tell just yet :p what did the det of tracks set you back if you dont mind me asking?

PpP ,

Oh Yeah !! This is gonna be Good !! Dude , that's a Monster ! I know th KV-2 is a Big'un .. But Daaaang !

This will be a Beute to Paint & Weather !!

Let's take a Gander at them Trax ..... ( when ya' gett them of course !) ;D

i had the day off today so i worked on her alot. got the tedeous wheel assembly done as well as completed the suspension. I'll get pics up tomorrow. It did come with alot of metal parts , like aluminum turned barrel, metal bottom hull, turret handles, suspension arms and the major wheel componenets are metal as well. The tracks should be here next week panzerace so stay tuned!
I'm very excited to get the electronics put in and tested. i also dusted off my old controller and receiver and batterys.

PpP ,

How about th road wheels .... ?? Are they metal , separate rubber & wheels ? How is the clean up on those ?

Yeah, that's My least favorite part of th Build .... Road Wheels & th Torsion bars/suspension ! Hurrrrrl !

i want the Tamiya 1/16 scale remote control M-26 Pershing.... but that will set me back a whopping 800 dollars... Dragon makes them too for a couple hundred, but they are crappy quality compared to Tamiya... i had one, and it broke down...

whew..as you all know , the tedious part is done. well one of them anyways. there are soo many bags of little screws, brass bits, sleeves, washers and other thing it gets confusing. but as you see the green parts are the plastic styrene and the grey primered parts are all metal. after i get the entire bottom hull comlpleted i m going to tackle the sets of ABER photetch sets for this kit and an extra set of tool boxes made for this as well. luckily i have one of those Small Shop PE tools.

update time: basecoat and camo done/ metal tracks got a coat of auto grey primer then a mist of sepia and a top mist of terracotta..Lots of Aber PE and metal upgrades added...oh yeh RC equipment tested and working!
built and basecoated the 1/16 Verlinden NEBELWERFER. this rocket cannon took almost as long to build as the darn tank!!! Big pain in the butt.
I put together some Verlinden figures and primed them with Mr. Surfacer 1200 to not lose any detail as the detailing on these are incredible.
up next some filters and oils...stay tuned.

Latest posts

Back