1/144th Prometheus scratch build

When this is finally finished, you should hunt down whoever designed the ship for the movie- I'd bet that you blow their mind and that your model is ten times as detailed as the CG ever was!

Truly inspirational work!

Hmm...you live in Miami (that den of scum and villiany)- I'm in Hollywood.
I'll have to pop over and ste...er...admire your work! :)

Bro... I just don't know why you do it.... it's almost like 50% of the detail is getting hidden and would never be seen. But then again, I don't really care... because it looks FANTASTIC! Love watching you work and so glad you've gotten back to this! The shuttle came out looking great... have been thinking of doing something similiar myself!

LrdSatyr8 said:
Bro... I just don't know why you do it.... it's almost like 50% of the detail is getting hidden and would never be seen.

'cause this guy is sort of a perfectionist... but I totally agree with you: we dont care! we just love it!

You are insane! I mean it! An absolute nutbar. Having said that - wow! Nice build! Cute little shuttle, too!

Ello my Peeps

Thank you all so much for stopping by and commenting.

It really does mean a lot to me, had some demons to deal with the last few weeks with regards to my wrist issue and everyones support helps me struggle through the pain barrier.

But, have to be honest, making four of everything is beginning to get get on my breasticles a bit.

Why haven't i cast more stuff, well it just don't look good enough to me, and if I'm gunna take all this time i want to be happy with my own methods.

Tried the casting route with one piece early on and i wasted a lot of silicone and plastic because it was easier and better to make four originals.

You live and learn.

I will be casting again in the future i'm sure.

But, enough chit chat.

PIX

What I've done doesn't look like much but its all X4

Did the four internal details on the nozzles

_MG_2268_zpsatux4nth.jpg

Four ready for primer

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Then i needed to get all the main body's to the same level so there was lots of fiddling and swapping bits around to achieve the best fits

The white bit is half a truck wheel

Here's a group photo of everyone together all at the same stage

Had to do a quick dry fit test on the main body

_MG_2297_zps4rux93tc.jpg

Thats about it so far.

Obviously still got a looooooooooong way to go.

Not sure what to tackle next

I will be doing some vac forming i think, need to make a vac former so stay tuned for that doozie.

I'm just making it up as i go along, never vac formed before but how hard can it be, right……………….right, guys, hello

Guys

Gag

out

Latest posts

Back