1/144th millenium falcon

Jimi

additional detail which i gained from two books; "sculpting a galaxy" and "the star wars chronicles" have helped add more detail to this kit, including battle damage to the upper hull section.

all the additional coloured panels have been hand painted and i have now sealed the kit using war hammer's purity seal. i hope start adding oil washes and pastels to enhance the weathering on the kit soon.

2012-02-03203839.jpg

hold on there.......2 things:

1. you think you can walk in here and post one TINY pic and think that's enough? MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. that looks fantastic!!!! (which is why I want more pics)

well apparently my new mobile phone can do close up shots as well, so i have taken a picture of the rear lower hull. here you can see i have begun to add rust stains using oil paint, once it is dry and safe to handle i will begin work on the upper hull.

2012-02-07121559.jpg

Nice job! What paints are you using? You can't tell its been hand painted.

merseajohn said:
Nice job! What paints are you using? You can't tell its been hand painted.

i'm using artist oil paints for the rust and dirt streaks that are on this kit. i have added dark streaks to the rear half of the lower hull lastnight and i hope to finish the whole of the lower hull tonight and then post some pictures tomorrow.

ok, here is the lower hull with its dirt streaks added but there are more that i need to add using a brown wash but you get the idea for the time being.

2012-02-10230343.jpg

Nice work on the painting, but I have to agree with everyone, work like this shouldn't be limited to only a couple images.

Welcome to the group build! ;)

managed to do most of the upper hull, although i still have the engine deck still to do but i will use pastels for that as its a more controllable medium.

2012-02-12224655.jpg

almost there now, as you can see the weathering using pastels around the engine vents has been completed and i've added some brown pastel powder to some areas to enhance the dirty appearance of the ship.

2012-02-18010205.jpg

As I've said in Scratchy's & Merseajohn's threads.....its really hard to believe this isn't the 1/72 kit....amazing painting Jimi

J

wow. This looks great! I REALLY regret doing one of these as my first model. It looks like absolute garbage compared to what I'm seeing here.

(I actually think the stand looks better than my falcon)

well the ship is finished and all the glass sections have been added and blended in, to match the rest of the colour of the ship.

i now have to construct a base for it, which is my next project.

2012-02-25173334.jpg

Latest posts

Back