1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens) plastic model BANDAI

So after some minors last touches I'm realy happy with the top side of the hull :p

SAM_9800_zpsaoqk2yjv.jpg
SAM_9801_zpsaoravjlw.jpg
SAM_9802_zpsve6wq9y5.jpg
SAM_9803_zpsijxlygl1.jpg
SAM_9804_zpslsgpoeug.jpg
SAM_9805_zpsznjdwfrg.jpg
SAM_9806_zpswqeju7zl.jpg
SAM_9807_zpsoqvjyb1y.jpg
SAM_9808_zpsi9qm1fwd.jpg
SAM_9809_zps1cvocq3v.jpg
SAM_9811_zpsiffbqsxh.jpg
SAM_9812_zpsxffnvlkp.jpg

This area is now DONE and all I need to do here is let it dry fully and then shoot a last coat of mat varnish witch is somewhere in the mail ;D

Some update on the landing pad / DC connector ;)

SAM_9797_zps3fpn6xoo.jpg
SAM_9798_zpsvmc7fphp.jpg
SAM_9799_zpseost3drb.jpg
SAM_9810_zpsngv4evte.jpg

All the stuff you see have to come one piece at the end, I may start the drill press or the milling machine on this one ::)

Then I will have to finished preparing the no more damaged smal area and do a neat masking job to shoot the lite grey color on this zone and on the landing gear ;)

And guess what? Yep the paint also is somewhere in the mail :eek:

But varnish and paint will be there by the end of the week ;)

Ok the custom hybrid landing gear DC plug is assembled, it was... :-X

But it's done ;)

SAM_9835_zpsiflttpjz.jpg
SAM_9836_zpsmhey2r2e.jpg
SAM_9840_zpss9hxzltc.jpg

Still need to be cleaned up, primed and painted but it's now a real thing and not just an idea ::)

Before cleaning and detailling the "landing DC plug" I wanted to do a bit of test fit between the custom landing gear and the Falcon and between the Faclon and the diorama base and it look like it will do the job pretty well ::)

SAM_9841_zpscptaqnpj.jpg
SAM_9844_zpsfrwcxo1l.jpg
SAM_9845_zpsmklzsa6h.jpg
SAM_9846_zpshyumeody.jpg
SAM_9847_zps8bqcz7l2.jpg
SAM_9848_zpskykcumvp.jpg
SAM_9849_zps3rn8bzvd.jpg
SAM_9850_zpsnywtfyr1.jpg
SAM_9842_zpsqv3h6rmr.jpg

Alright! That's the ticket. 8) Awesome integration of the power supply jack into the landing gear. ;) I knew you would not disappoint. ;D

Just spent the best part of an hour reading through this whilst I was supposed to be "working"

Absolutely outstanding work and inspirational ideas for the power supply as well.

I've been eyeing this kit up for a little while, but I'm kinda waiting for the A & B wing's to be released....if they ever are?

Mikey_W_1980 said:
Just spent the best part of an hour reading through this whilst I was supposed to be "working"

Absolutely outstanding work and inspirational ideas for the power supply as well.

I've been eyeing this kit up for a little while, but I'm kinda waiting for the A & B wing's to be released....if they ever are?

Thanks a lot ;)

As for A & B I hope too but have no ideas :(

The landing gears will be done tonight so pics will follow, and my wife have already painted the base for the diorama ;D

Something like that ::)

PAY-Star-Wars-Set_zpsk3xkplx8.jpg

And I have to say that the next Bandai Faclon this time for an OT project is already ordered ::)

See you later with news from the landing gears ;)

So it's time for some pics ::)

The Falcon itself is DONE ;D

Yes it missing one landing gear because it was not practical to put it in because it is all wired and ready to play is role as a connector between the diorama and the Falcon now ::)

So the pics :D

SAM_9954_zpsvy5mru4r.jpg
SAM_9953_zpsavpwo1vz.jpg
SAM_9952_zpsbs39wsrc.jpg
SAM_9937_zpsppdmojz8.jpg
SAM_9944_zps2v18oog7.jpg
SAM_9947_zpsxziijieb.jpg
SAM_9951_zpse74otir8.jpg
SAM_9935_zpsgw9zpono.jpg
SAM_9925_zpsjhxorshl.jpg
SAM_9924_zpsvjae4v3m.jpg
SAM_9923_zpspfacgawc.jpg
SAM_9922_zps6jieoncg.jpg
SAM_9957_zpszcpespj6.jpg
SAM_9938_zpscapmgcf8.jpg

And now time to do the diorama and I think it will be keep me busy until the second Faclon arrived :p

That looks awesome! If I didn't know better I'd say this was twice the size it is. Great job bringing out the detail on this kit.

Quaralane said:
Gorgeous work on this

Hagoth said:
That looks awesome! If I didn't know better I'd say this was twice the size it is. Great job bringing out the detail on this kit.

Thanks a lot guys ;)

So look like it will be no diorama after all because I have to consider shipping ::)

Starting to list all the goodness I whant to pack in my OT Falcon I realised that let go this one can help a bit ;D

On the next version I want to build a flight version with an internal rechargeable power supply that I have to choose in my stock and with the same lighting as a base but I want to raise the bar, light more stuff and go further ::)

I also plan to use some of the cool stuff I normaly use in fonctionnal prop domain but this kind of stuff can realy enhance this type of project :p

But that for a bit later and will have this own new thread ;)

The TFA one now have a brand and strong new mounting point and a custom simple base and two power suplly solution 8)

I have to to the last ajustments and then take pics and vids and cal this one DONE :D

See you all later ;)

So the TFA Falcon is now DONE ;)

I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of us who have follow, comment or just look after this thread, you are awesome, realy :D

I left you with the finals pics of this one and I will get in touch with you tomorow first for the final video of this one and then pretty soon after when my second Bandai Falcon arrived ;)

The OT Falcon will be more advanced and will have his own thread once I will have stuff to post ::)

See you later with the video :D

I don't know what it is, but I always find the best Falcons on this site. Excellent work, man. This is top notch awesome. Now, if I can only hold out 17 more days.

Quaralane said:
Fabulous work

Unreality said:
I don't know what it is, but I always find the best Falcons on this site. Excellent work, man. This is top notch awesome. Now, if I can only hold out 17 more days.

Thanks for those kinds words :D

And finely the video ::)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ognB7pkbyCM[/youtube]

Will see you on another thread onece I will get started with the OT version ;)

Hi, did you use acrylics, oils or pastels (or a combination) for your weathering.
I'm just applying decals to mine now. I'm not sure whether to blast it with a matte gloss after I'm done and go oils with turpenoid or give it a black acrylic wash and do the rest with pastels and thinners.

Latest posts

Back