1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens) plastic model BANDAI

Eh up ben can you do me a big favor mym8,when you get this sweet kit can you send me loads of images of the new dish and how it's mounted onto the ship please,so i can make one as an alternative for my build.
cheers peza.

There has been a disturbance in the Force

Over on RPF.....theres some bad news

Spinner 44 posted

I just got an email from 1999.co.jp, where I regulary preorder all my Bandai Star Wars kits.

"We have been contacted by Bandai that they do not want their
Star Wars kits sold outside Japan, so we are no longer taking
new orders for these items outside Japan and have removed them
from our English website."

They are not cancelling preorders, but from now it would be not possible to buy any kits.

I wouldn't think Disney would complain who buys the kits.....more sold, more money

It would likely be Revell seething at the great reviews & images of the Bandai kits, and trying to put their foot down to enforce the contract they have

Its a damn shame that its ended up like this

We will just have to wait & see if TFA kits appear on the HLJ site at the end of the month for pre-order

Its like we had our time with 16x9 4k High Definition, but now we're forced to buy 4x3 CRT & Pre-watched VHS tapes

J

peza said:
Eh up ben can you do me a big favor mym8,when you get this sweet kit can you send me loads of images of the new dish and how it's mounted onto the ship please,so i can make one as an alternative for my build.
cheers peza.

Be sure I will of course ;)

With my camera you will have all what you need to reproduce it :D

As far as I know when you go with Ebay no problems:

39mikumiku39 :

Hi, thank you very much for purchasing "1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens)" from our store!

This is a confirmation for your pre-order, and we will be shipping you the item in October.

Thank you very much,
Miku Store Japan.

Thanks to you for providing us with thoose amazing kits ;)

Just see a huge mess a bout bandai kit don't sold anymore outside japan 😢 does that affect our current transaction?

39mikumiku39 (564Purple Star)

Hi, we can still ship the item to you.
Thank you very much,
Miku Store Japan

So look like we can get those kit that way ::)

I'm in the process to list all the stuff I plan for the lighting :D

And when I will sure of what I order exactly I will share it with you :)

Flashing Led, normal one, fiber optics (may have enought already) and such... ;)

So if some of us have ideas or experience or finished models pics / videos you want to share with me I will be more than happy to read / sea it :D

For the power supply I have no restriction I can go 3V to 24V ;)

So I have placed some order :D

For the base as usual simple stuff wood base painted in black and steal rod ;)

They are actualy canibalised inner workings of DVD players:

Bend it to the shape you want and you are good to go ::)

I am not a big fan of concieling the power supply into the base ;)

Via plug or accus packs because when the model is displayed without the lighting I found most of the time that the base by it size distract from the model :-[

What I go with for the base will be exactly the same as the Snowspeeder and the tie I will also use the original mounting point this time because the rods I use are the perfect size to go in^^

And I will placed one of those bad boys in one off the landing gear bay:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/181748935919?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

With this model the uggly hex ring is inside and by placing it in one of the landing bay I can have the Falcon in fly mode lighting off with all landing bay closed and no plug visible :D

When the time come to show off the lighting I have just to open one off the bay (not micheal) and plug my allim in ;)

The lighting come on and for most angles the allim wire will be not visible ;D

Speaking of lighting :eek:

For the engine a combination of:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/171199676129?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=470319293696&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/191475102924?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=490559969954&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/141608223235?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=440750926046&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For the front lights:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/171199676129?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=470319293696&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And for the cockpit:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/121378471799?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=420319572610&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

in green and red and:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/141608223235?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=440750926046&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Some things can change because I have not the kit on hands but I'm pretty shure that will work that way :)

Sorry for the long post ::)

nicholassagan said:
Did you have to Pay Miku up front even though it's a pre-order?

Yes I had to ;)

Grendels said:
Yes, I think I got the last X-wing....

^^

With you and me we will have reviews of two of the new kits already available ;)

I am nowhere near good as you are at that exercise and english is not my first language but I will do my best ::)

And as said on the RPF a may provide you with 3D scan of some parts if needed ;)

If we can't get these kits in the U.S. Then shame on bandai for not reading the fine print on the contracts. This clearly has to do with revell not matching bandai or fine molds quality. I had bad feeling when finemolds lost the licensing agreement. If we are stuck with revell were in trouble. I just picked up a couple of their new kits for tfa. While not bad for a beginner any serious modeler will not like it. :mad:

Grendels said:
I am not going to buy any of the Revell kits. I will just go to Ebay.

The same ;)

As far as my personnal models are concerned Bandai ONLY ;)

I will do a dio for my son's bedroom based on the new tiny revell falcon because of it scale is perfect for what I want to do with and I will upgrade it of course BUT that's all for the poor revell stuff ::)

In fact all my personnals Star Wars models are Bandai kits^^

Same here with revell. I was holding off on getting some of the new bandai kits now I am regretting it. Really wanted a good r2-d2, at-st, ywing and xwing. Now I see bandai is coming out with bb8 and r2 combo. Ugh..... If we have to go to eBay then we will be paying double or triple for a kit that should be 25-30 bucks. Just not right. Darn that bandai falcon looms nice.

I think the fault lies with Disney more so than Revell.

Still, we've only seen the Level 1 Revell kits out of the box. The pics of the Level 2 models look good. And going by the 1/72 measurements for the new X-wing, then the Revell level 2 should be right at 1/48. Yeah, the level 1's are toys, but kids sure love them. And I'll definitely pick up some of the level 2's since they will be reasonably priced, and I know a good paint job will take them to a whole new level.

noc5659 said:
Same here with revell. I was holding off on getting some of the new bandai kits now I am regretting it. Really wanted a good r2-d2, at-st, ywing and xwing. Now I see bandai is coming out with bb8 and r2 combo. Ugh..... If we have to go to eBay then we will be paying double or triple for a kit that should be 25-30 bucks. Just not right. Darn that bandai falcon looms nice.

From what I can tell, Hobby Link Japan are still selling the "pre-TFA" kits, so you can still get your X-Wing, Y-Wing and AT-ST
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=1578&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&Sort=std&qid=79FMYGO349UWOJYQ&set=1&Maker2=BAN&z=Maker2&MacroType2=injkit

Though they do seem to have taken down the R2 kit as well as the Sandtrooper and advanced Tie, which is strange. Hoping it doesn't mean they will be taking down the lot :eek:

Edit: Spoke to pleaded with the missus and so ordered my Y-Wing, Snowspeeder, C-3PO & AT-ST and also made a pre-order of Boba Fett and Slave I. HLJ assured me they orders on these kits so lets see what happens shall we.

Latest posts

Back