1/144 Rebel Transport GR-75

Quaralane said:
Those speeders have some amazing detail for that tiny scale
Yeah Q, F-Toys are great :)
ModelMakerMike said:
Yes, fantabulous work on those speeders!!!!
Love 'em!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers Mike!
nicholassagan said:
amazing what a little bit of cleanup work can do for these F-Toys....they'll be a nice compliment to your transport!!
Your right Nick, no need for a re-paint and they even come with decals!
Cave_Dweller said:
Nice speeders! Are those from that new miniatures game?
They are from F-Toys mate give em a google ;)
nine_d said:
WOW nice job man
Thanks dude!

Nice speeders. It's easy to open the canopy, pops open, and put some figures.

Just sayin. ;)

Yeah I may put some guys in there, I actually popped the canopys off to spray the body of the speeder so I wouldn't mess up the windows with clear coats etc. I was hoping to have the cockpit staying in the upright positition of a few of them but I can't because the rear of the canopy catches under the engines :-\ I'm moving onto the the little troop carrier thing that came with the transport next :D just reminds of something out of Austin powers!
And I'd like to have some 1/144 Taun Tauns in there somewhere....where on earth do I find a 1/144 Taun Taun?

Sculpt them John. You can do that. Simple armature...

Also the old AMT Rebel Base set contains a few.

Ok got the rebel carrier done. Not a hugely interesting subject but its a nice little thing and should give the scene much needed interest. Here's the 'Kit' it contains two parts lol the carrier itself and an oversized steering wheel (this had to be cleaned with soapy water, you can actually see the mold release agent shinning in this pic!):
IMG_6541_zps7ab842f5.jpg
This wasn't used :p
IMG_6545_zps56991631.jpg
IMG_6547_zpsd2e8399e.jpg
The rebel carrier in the Yavin Base was green grey (and a lot smaller than this!) so I used XF22 for a base coat:
IMG_6551_zpsd4f16c0a.jpg
Then onto highlights:
IMG_6557_zps325d7abd.jpg
I took a 1/144 seat from hackore's XS Stock Frieghter kit:
IMG_6553_zpseb5c64e0.jpg
Then some washes from AK:
IMG_6561_zps6f1e5055.jpg
and the brake lights painted:
IMG_6565_zpsbaf3cd9f.jpg
And finally a mock up with a 1/144 driver (unpainted, I had to heat up his legs and bend them into shape to get him to sit right):
IMG_6566_zps2a8f2afe.jpg
Cheers guys!
;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pretty freakin awesome John! I'm gonna have to start paying more attention to this sci fi stuff !!!!!!!

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Very nice John. The carrier you linked to and the one you're modeling are not the same machine though.

Absolutely splendid Jonny.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, your Falcon is one of the best i have ever seen.

Gag

This is freaking wicked man. Gonna be such a nice way to display that transport.

Latest posts

Back