1/144 Bandai Millennium Falcon Complete Build Log.

Wow, I haven't visited this thread in a long time. Thanks for the revival and great video btw, using the single pipe to light those lamps is brilliant. Considering that the 1/144 size doesn't allow for much internal hardware or lighting circuitry to be added, your layout is extremely tidy. The cutout opening on the underside for the power source is neatly done too.

In build video 7 I'm surprised you opted for the decals and not airbrushed on the markings, I have this kit in my stash and have wondered if these decals would last over time or fall victim to crumbling as the kit itself is now a few years old.

Looking forward to your take on weathering and the streaking part of the build.

I'm currently in the middle of life changing events and haven't picked up on my model building for some time since after the passing of my youngest son and my nephew all in the space of three days of each other almost three years ago. I've just been working and keeping myself busy moving around.
Oh Lord... I cannot imagine outliving one's own child. The grief you must have. I do hope you are coping with the loss.

Thanks for the kind feedback. Actually, In the past year or so I finished the Bandai 1:350 Falcon and the MPC Falcon that comes with the Hoth Rebel Hangar diorama set (I'm guessing it must be about 1:200 scale or so), and I did the whole masking and painting with those two. After doing all that, I wanted to give the decals a try. Then after I had put many down, I saw that there are no decals for the back engine louvers, and it made me wish I had painted them after all. I actually think the Mr. Hobby paints I had used for those two Falcons (I painted them rougly about the same time) look closer to the colors on the studio filming miniature. Mr. Hobby's Wine Red color looks better than what the decals offer for the red color. I had no problem with the decals and I have them sealed with a clear coat now. I only had a problem with the window mask stickers losing their stickiness.

Rastanz and Greg both of your build look amazing I have both the 1/144 and 1/72 Bandai models in my stash to do. The 1/72 will be a few years off before I even think about it as I'm hoping to do it in a diorama in docking bay 94. The lighting on both of your kits have given me some ideas. Sorry for your losses Rastanz and keeping busy does help as working through bad times. Looking forward to your future builds.

Rastanz and Greg both of your build look amazing I have both the 1/144 and 1/72 Bandai models in my stash to do. The 1/72 will be a few years off before I even think about it as I'm hoping to do it in a diorama in docking bay 94. The lighting on both of your kits have given me some ideas. Sorry for your losses Rastanz and keeping busy does help as working through bad times. Looking forward to your future builds.
Hi Nikati,

Thank you for the kind words, I am doing fine thank you.

Sounds like a cool plan you have going for your Falcon, I'll make sure to pop in now and then to drool over some of your progress pics once you start posting.

I'll be soon clearing up a build area as my model space was claimed by my now 3yr grandson and his many, many, many toys :D. I'll be back into building model kits in the new year as I have a ton of new and old kits to get through in storage.

Thanks for popping in. Happy New Year!!!

Latest posts

Back