1/1400 Klingon cruiser

HWR MKII

This is the Ravenstar Studios 1/1400 ktinga Klingon Battlecruiser. Its going to be part of a secondary display of ships of the bad guys to go with my enterprise wall display. The bad guys display will have teh Reliant, Ktinga, Bird of prey, maybe some Son'a and romulan ships from the next gen movies as well if i can find them. The BOP will have to be scratchbuilt however since no existing model fits the scale well enough for me.

On to the cruiser. it is built straight out of the box. All markings are hand painted over a base coat of tamiya field grey. The pattern is based off the filming model used in the first motion picture. This model was later extensively refit to theQuonos 1 look with a complete redetail and repaint. References were not easy to come by of the model in its original configuration but i managed to find some good color corrected orthos of the model. The model was a joy to work on and the detail is amazing. no rapid prototyper could accomplish this.

IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1025.jpg
IMG_1020.jpg
IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1022.jpg
IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1030.jpg
IMG_1031.jpg

Very nice. One of my all time favorite sci fi ships.

Great looking Klingon Cruiser! Too bad they don't make these anymore. I should've gotten one of these :( Wasn't into 1/1400 at the time they came out.

I was able to find one of these on the "Shall not be named" auction site. Whoo hoo! ;D Any issue with this kit?

Latest posts

Back