1/12 Custom Chopper - Customised some more....

TiM

Just made it in time...

From this:

Open1_zps255517c4.jpg Open2_zpsbca408c1.jpg

to this :

EntryPhoto15_zps6a7594b0.jpg

EntryPhoto13_zps334cf019.jpg

About 3 weeks ago I though I'd missed it, got a bit carried away with a very ambitious FIRST EVER scale model (previously I've done a few gaming miniatures)... I kept coming up with ideas for "improvements" and then had to make it up as I went.

The front forks and handlebars are scratch built and the forks telescope. The exhausts that came with the kit are horrible so they got replaced with metal tubes with polished aluminium tailpipes as are the handlebars. Brake and clutch cables are guitar string off-cuts and I re-made the battery and wired it.

The number plate was a later idea - I decided to have a go at making one from brass strip etched to emboss the letters!

Wow! Very cool, you don't see many model motorcycles. Very obscure subject and you've done it perfectly here. The license plate is a top-shelf touch, very nice model

fantastic build
Bikes leave very very few places to hide mistakes in the kit or build, an there is nothing to hide in this build of a fairly ordinary kit.
it looks stunning and the mods add a lot of realism.

stick with the bikes I say :)

Thankyou for the comments, it is a "very ordinary kit".... I was moochin' about on e-bay and put model motorcycle into the search with lowest price first!

I was a bit underwhelmed which is why it has some major modifications, I only paid ~£15 and if I'd paid what seems to be the list price I would have been disappointed. The kit has chromed parts that are awfully "toy-ish" so I had to learn how to deal with that and start with a "normal" kit of plastic.

I have a few hours of video of this as it went along, I've never done video either so I have not had the time to edit it and make progress posts ... not lest because just after the contest start I sold my house and had to pack that up and move into storage, which doesn't sound too much hassle until I add that I don't live in the country anymore and had to fly in to do it! Then fly back to work and back again to finish off the legalities. Bit of a disruption to making a model for the contest. :D

Nice, clean work, there!
Good mods, too!
Bravo Zulu!

I really got to get me one of these... I knew they made like handa kits and stuff, but never choppers! If the OCC decided to make plastic kits they would make a killing! Great job on this bro... love the custom work you did to it!

Latest posts

Back