1/1000 nx-01 refit build series

biomedchad

new video and new project on my nx-01 refit build.

the video covers discussion on paints to be used and lighting. also, tips for lighting the nacelles!!

thanks for watching!!!

1/1000 NX01 Refit 1

Nice vid. I think your idea to go with the pewter color scheme is correct. I'm picking mine up next week from my LHS. I may decide to light it so you're lighting tips will come in handy.

The color is really spot on I think. Lighting this little girl is tough. I now have the secondary hull built and lit. Should have another update up soon.

Here is a little update. Most of the parts are painted and light blocked. The secondary hall has no room for anything. I had to remove a few mounting pegs and hollow out some room. There is a 3mm led in the bottom part to light those windows and a small bit of led tape facing upwards to light the neck. It turned out good I think.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I lost a part so I tried my hand at casting. For my first part, it turned out great!

[attachment deleted by admin]

nice job love the paint im working on just the nx 01 but for lights im using micro leds cheep ez to work with maybe try looking in too them for the tight places

Got some more work done on the refit. This update explains how I'm replacing some clear parts with fiber optics and tamiya tints so I can create a flashing nav effect. I will go over lighting the primary saucer and cover how to paint the saucer before you add the decks in between the saucer sections.

1/1000 NX01 Refit 2

Nice decal tutorial. And you are right about the aftermarket decals, they can be much harder to work with.

Latest posts

Back