1/100 Pilgrim Observer

Just Mike

I've started work on the Pilgrim Observer. Here are some pics if you want to follow the build along.

one.jpg

It starts off joining some small ball and pin parts. I got a little confused when the instructions say, "Assemble three pivot pins (5)..." I thought it meant there were five of the parts or even three of the parts but in total there are six halves of pins. There are no locator pins on these so you have to eyeball the alignment. The seam doesn't matter here because they will be hidden later.

two.jpg

three.jpg

These engine bells go one each of the pins. The holes on the tops will need drilling out a bit to get them to fit probably because of the seam on the pins.

five.jpg

My camera was pitching a pit with focusing so you can't really tell the seam was eliminated on this engine bell.

six_a.jpg

I'm so glad Round2 put most of the instructions in PDF form on their website because I misplaced my sheet already.

six.jpg

this is how well the images maintain their clarity when zooming in.

seven.jpg

eight.jpg

ten.jpg

nine.jpg

on the spine, there's a trick that one might miss if they don't pay close attention. The internal spine is in the shape of an x (or a + if you prefer) and the external spine housing (?) is keyed so it'll move within. Don't glue the internal to the external. It will need to move so the finished model will animate (?)

Stay tuned for more.

Nice choice of a model. I have been very curious of this one since it came out. Still have not bought one. So this build will let me see what is there before I buy.

Nope, just typical forum. Most threads have more views than comments. Take it this way. No comments mean you left nothing for anyone to say. In other words. Good job!

Click the 'users on line' link at the bottom of the page every so often, look through a few pages worth and take note that there are tons of 'guests' viewing threads constantly.

I'd much rather have 75 views and three replies on one of my threads, than 5 views and two replies any day. Seriously, don't pay attention to that and just keep updating. Sometimes, pointing it out like this makes others even more reluctant to post a reply.

Just enjoy sharing and the rest will come on it's own.

Looks like a very nicely detailed kit there. Good start to her Mike. 8)

Apparently, the internal rod in the tube didn't need to be inside it all all while assembling. It falls right out.

And all those cylinders and tubes! If i'd know it was going to be this tedious, I might not have bought it.

I have been curious about this kit.
Whenever I see it in a store it looks inviting (good box art), and it's heavy, means it comes with a lot of stuff.
I think I might be tempted to do some greebling kit-bashing with it.
;)

Kind of in a modeling funk lately. I wish I could get out of it. Soon, I hope.

I did get the chrome off the chrome tree. I joined some more parts. Waiting for inspiration to get the airbrush going so I can continue with the build.

So, assembly is going well and I'm waiting for the humidity to come up a little to spray some of the parts in black and airbrush on some white or light gray to get the pre-shading effect going.

Latest posts

Back