Followed the black with a base coat of Cold Flat Iron. For my units, I added some red and blue detail paint.
Both sets of bracers were given black washes to bring out details and drybrushed in places with silver
The rockets on my son's unit were painted in with red, then superglued into place...
Started working on my 'flame unit' by filling the back gap with EVA foam clay
The 'tanks' were made from 2 1/2" pieces of EVA foam dowel and a couple of greeblies.
Some o-ring scraps were used to form the 'hoses'
Used some more EVA foam for details and mounts, as well as a syringe cap for...
Glued down some sheet styrene and the greeblies to finish out the units
For my son's 'rocket launcher,' I built some basic rockets from cut off poly-carbonate tubes.
The launcher itself was formed from two pieces of PVC pipe and some EVA foam clay
Skinned the launcher with sheet styrene...
A coat of black PlastiDip
Followed by a coat of Flat Cold Iron spray paint
Back to work on the bracers, made a template to act as a brace for the 'equipment layer' of the bracers
Decks were glued to the bracers and braces
Glued some 6mm EVA foam to the sides to finish out the main forms...
Next phase of the Mandalorian armor builds will be the bracers and new pauldrons for my son's suit.
The base for the bracers is a template from foamcave.com, while the base for the new pauldrons is from Much Props
Cut the bases for the bracers as well as the first layer of the pauldrons from...
Kit-supplied aztecs were laid down on the sub-assemblies, which was followed by final assembly and a clear coat.
The only real issues I had were my own fault for not getting the ones on the bottome of the secondary hull lined up right
Finished build pics
All in all, she's a fairly...
Decided to do another Star Trek build.
This time, I'm doing the 1/2500 scale USS Discovery from Polar Lights.
Like with the Enterprise kit, there are plenty of pieces to work with
As well as full aztecs
For the clear parts, I painted a base coat of white on the areas that would show...