SMA What's New In Your Stash?!?

Yep, constantly happens to me as well. On a side note, be prepared for a lot of filling and shaping work on that Corsair. The kit is from 1963 molds and the fit is awful, to put it mildly. I'm still working on mine.

Panther, have you looked inside the box on the PT Boat yet?
Everyone knows if Pantherman opens the box he will start building. LOL

Yep, constantly happens to me as well. On a side note, be prepared for a lot of filling and shaping work on that Corsair. The kit is from 1963 molds and the fit is awful, to put it mildly. I'm still working on mine.

Not yet but I'm expecting a fair bit of filling as it's an older kit. Pantherman

I have been torn on getting this kit or the 1/48 I Love Kit 80' Elco kit. Either way the kits will require extras to properly model PT-509 for a D-Day contribution.

I have been torn on getting this kit or the 1/48 I Love Kit 80' Elco kit. Either way the kits will require extras to properly model PT-509 for a D-Day contribution.
I have seen that the revell kit is OK except that if you are going for an accurate build then you will need to add some extra trims and fill some big gaps. Also seems to have a huge amount of ejection marks and sink marks so got alot of filling, sanding and cleaning to do before I get to build it.

Still, isn't that the challenge and satisfaction of getting it better than before. It would just be a quick, bit boring build, if it almost fitted together without the slightest bad joint or mismatched seam. I prefer it rough and ready, much more fun and patience required. Pantherman

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when I start on it.

My new additions are a spitfire with British crew, a Spitfire with Soviet crew and a German crew. All ICM in 1:48th. At least one of the spits will be built as an MK V which will take some effort.

It was easy to justify, as the sets were only a few euros much more expensive than just the crew.

I somehow lost the british crew, and needed to wildly sculpt them anyway for my current project.

Latest posts

Back