Seam Lines

GaryG64

With working on figures from the factories, many times there are lines from the molds.

I've tried sanding sticks, files, hobby knife with razor blade, Tamiya extra thin (to melt them a little). So far the best method, for me, is the hobby knife scraping and/or cutting the seam away.

What is your best way in getting rid of seam lines?

With working on figures from the factories, many times there are lines from the molds.

I've tried sanding sticks, files, hobby knife with razor blade, Tamiya extra thin (to melt them a little). So far the best method, for me, is the hobby knife scraping and/or cutting the seam away.

I'm like you, good old knife blade and hour's of magnified fun !!

I also use a thumb guard as I tend to get so into removing the seams that I forget about the wider end of the blade
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20230109_203921.jpg
    20230109_203921.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230109_193408.jpg
    20230109_193408.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230109_193305.jpg
    20230109_193305.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 2
Yes, PM you're right, alot of time under the magnifying ring.
Is that Kevlar on your thumb?

What brought this question to my mind is; I started work on "Otto" and his tent. :D

Yes, PM you're right, alot of time under the magnifying ring.
Is that Kevlar on your thumb?

What brought this question to my mind is; I started work on "Otto" and his tent. :D
Been there but he's worth it. The fiddly bit is adding the cable's to the headset and radio.

Not sure if the thumb guard is kavlar but it stops the blade nicely.
Pantherman

Been there but he's worth it. The fiddly bit is adding the cable's to the headset and radio.

Not sure if the thumb guard is kavlar but it stops the blade nicely.
Pantherman
I was thinking about using a thin floral wire for cables

On figures, it's a mix of scraping with the edge of a knife blade, rat-tail files, fine sandpaper. Sometimes scraping is enough, sometimes it takes a combination of techniques.

Latest posts

Back