Sanding Files

ProfLemoi

Hello ALl,

I am looking for a nice set of sanding files... can you recommend one? I will be sanding edges, small square and rectangle windows for starship models.

Thanks!
ProfL

Hi Prof, it depends where you are. I was in Hobbycraft in the UK a couple of weeks ago and they had standard size needle files and a set of mini needle files that would be good for very delicate work.

I got this set of small files from a vendor selling hardware store closeouts and the like, at a woodworking show:

Fine-needle-files.jpg

The shapes/profiles are a square-edged flat file; a round file with a narrow tip; a file with a triangular profile; a file with a square profile; a half-round file (round on top, flat on the bottom); and a leaf-shaped file, runs to a narrow point like a blade of grass.

I think I paid five bucks for it, ten at the most. It has served me well for nearly 20 years.

Hello ALl,

I am looking for a nice set of sanding files... can you recommend one? I will be sanding edges, small square and rectangle windows for starship models.

Thanks!
ProfL
Hello ALl,

Thanks!
ProfL
Horrible Freight

Micro files are great. I acquired a couple sets from my grandfather. I also use beauty nail files. A nice cheap alternative.

You might find some at Harbor Frieght or your LHS. But for the love of God…. don’t order from Amazon. Don’t order anything hobby related stuff, including model kits from Amazon. Amazon is a big rip-off.

Latest posts

Back