Author Topic: Airfix 1/72 English Lightning F.6  (Read 565 times)

Offline smokeriderdon

• Addict
    • Awards
Airfix 1/72 English Lightning F.6
« on: Mon Jul, 02, 2018, 10:05:PM »
This was a FANTASTIC kit! I absolutely loved this thing. I had one fit issue with the cockpit assembly not sitting right. Not sure if it was me or the kit. I want to do another and figure that out.  Regardless, I would put this up against Tamiya or the like any day.

The decals were superb. Easy to work with and melted down nicely with solva set.

I used AK Extreme Metal paints for the first time. Love them! It sprayed great and brushed well on small parts and touch ups.

Offline Mikey_W_1980

• Addict
    • Awards
Re: Airfix 1/72 English Lightning F.6
« Reply #1 on: Tue Jul, 03, 2018, 06:23:AM »

Great build!

All of this has happened before....and will again..

Offline Deere_driver

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Tue Jul, 03, 2018, 08:52:AM »
Very nice! I'm not sure how old this kit is, but a lot of the new tool stuff from Airfix is really pretty good.  Especially when you consider the price versus some other manufacturers. 

Offline smokeriderdon

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Wed Jul, 04, 2018, 03:11:PM »
Very nice! I'm not sure how old this kit is, but a lot of the new tool stuff from Airfix is really pretty good.  Especially when you consider the price versus some other manufacturers.

This is a new tool in 2013. The one I did is the second boxing, different decals in 2014. And I agree. With minor exceptions, any of the toolings from 2000 on, regardless of company, are pretty good. It pisses me off that Hasegawa and Tamiya both rebox their older molds, and unless you research it, you dont know if you are getting a 1970s mold, or a newer one. And they charge the same.

And thank you both. :)