Author Topic: I haven't touched my work bench in 2 years  (Read 124 times)

Offline MrNatural

• Needs Intervention
  • my head is falling off my head
    • Awards
I haven't touched my work bench in 2 years
« on: Mon Apr, 16, 2018, 12:45:AM »
I've been here since the beginning. My situation in life has kept me from being able to indulge in this hobby. I think I joined this forum in 2009?.?...Its almost been 10 years and that is just unreal to me.. I  come here all the time and look at the great work and read through the forums. I was never a heavy poster but I've always been here and Im so grateful that this place is still here. I would post mostly during the contests or doing work in progress type things. I haven't had the time to participate in the spring contest for the last few years, im not even sure if Scott still does the contest to be honest.  The web is overloaded with information about model building and I am a quiet person in general.  When I joined this forum I was just a low level cook at a crappy restaurant and now Im soon to take over a head chef position at a amazing company and I guess i'm just reflecting. My life is taking a shift and Im going to have more time to build models and share with you guys. I see a lot of my favorite guys are still here and there are a bunch of new guys and that makes me happy. Anyway, I just wanted/needed to rant for a minute because it breaks my heart looking at my stash and not being able to dive into a fresh kit. Thanks for reading my dudes. Peace and love to you all.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
Re: I haven't touched my work bench in 2 years
« Reply #1 on: Mon Apr, 16, 2018, 10:24:AM »

Get to Work !

Congrats on your job   :)   

.   .. . .. the Star Wars Group Build will be running till your teeth fall out   

Offline Quaralane

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Tue Apr, 17, 2018, 12:08:AM »
We all have times like this.
Power to you for getting a good job
"There must be some way out of here," said the Joker to the Thief.
"There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief."
--Bob Dylan, "All Along the Watchtower" 1965--

Offline MrNatural

• Needs Intervention
  • my head is falling off my head
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Tue Apr, 17, 2018, 12:31:AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"

Offline Grendels

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • small business that I own.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Tue Apr, 17, 2018, 01:43:AM »
I am in much the same position.   Life took a few twist on me since I started posting here years ago.

Got married
Had kids
Job is going crazy with work
ETC

I still try to squeeze out a bit of time here and there, but I don't really think I will get much done for the next few years, until the little ones start school.

Glad to see you back!

Offline Mister 4x4

• Recreational User
    • Mister 4x4.net
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Tue Apr, 17, 2018, 09:59:PM »
I joined up awhile ago and hadn't done anything for many years, and even [almost] gave up for almost 2 years on my "getting back into it" kit when the clear coat went to crap, partly because other things got in the way as well.  Some of those things are still going on, but I've been pushing through and making some time to work on my rapidly expanding stash of kits despite it all, thanks to the inspiration of all the fine work I've been seeing here and a couple of other modeling forums I've been frequenting since returning to the hobby.  Of course, the neighbors probably wish I'd mow the lawn more often, but oh well.

Hang in there, you'll find your groove again.
Eric

Offline Scott Girvan

• Scale Model Addict
  • Admin
  • Overdose
    • www.scalemodeladdict.com
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Wed Apr, 18, 2018, 01:03:PM »
im not even sure if Scott still does the contest to be honest.

Nope

the Star Wars Group Build will be running till your teeth fall out   

Yup

++

Congrats on the job man. That's awesome.

10 years, I know. That's craaaaazy.