Author Topic: Work Space Lighting  (Read 654 times)

Offline Mister 4x4

• Habitual User
    • Mister 4x4.net
    • Awards
Work Space Lighting
« on: Sun Feb, 11, 2018, 11:59:PM »
OK, not the 'lighting' you were thinking of.

So, a few years ago, I picked up an OttLite from Michael's for a steal - I think it was marked at $149, and I got it for $79 at the time - I just noticed that they're only $75 now on the OttLite website (figures).

The sucky part about that whole deal:  I was hating the 'yellow light' thrown by a 'natural light' incandescent bulb, and just jammed an LED bulb into a $5-from-Goodwill 'funnel-style desk lamp' my wife's had for years, and it's just as bright and clear white light as that expensive OttLite.  (Hopefully, someone will read this before they drop some major coin on an expensive light or something).

Just figured I'd share that, and I was just curious as to what everybody else is using for lighting in their work spaces.
« Last Edit: Mon Feb, 12, 2018, 12:00:AM by Mister 4x4 »
Eric

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
Re: Work Space Lighting
« Reply #1 on: Mon Feb, 12, 2018, 07:09:AM »
Had to go to their website to see what this was  . https://products.ottlite.com/p-294-13w-craft-organizer.aspx
Neat little set-up .
I use old , inherited  drafting lamps . With the outer 22w ring fluorescent and an LED bulb in the center  , both " daylight " .
I've never been a fan of light below ~5000 K .
Drug store reading glasses and a mag-visor for eyesight boosting  . I don't work very well looking thru a fixed magnifier like that . Prefer the focal-length to be fixed to my face   ;D

.... . for 150 bucks I'd expect a built-in vaporizer and a complimentary quarter bag . Just saying .

Offline Mister 4x4

• Habitual User
    • Mister 4x4.net
    • Awards
Re: Work Space Lighting
« Reply #2 on: Mon Feb, 12, 2018, 09:09:PM »
Yeah, I'm glad I got it for about half-price when I did.  I think OttLite also realized they can't keep pushing their prices when they can be replaced with cheap LED bulbs. ;)
Eric