Author Topic: 1995 Honda Civic VX 'tribute'  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Mister 4x4

• Habitual User
    • Mister 4x4.net
    • Awards
Re: 1995 Honda Civic VX 'tribute'
« Reply #15 on: Tue Feb, 20, 2018, 08:48:PM »
The driving lights are a bit thicker than I wanted, as well as I didn't spend as much time fine-tuning the shape.  I'll give them another go one of these days, as well as I'll fix the A-pillars once I get some more skill with the body putty.

As for the bread ties working well, they did just fine.  I stuck them to the car with Testors tube cement, and they didn't distort or anything.  They also took the paint (Testors silver enamel) just fine... they were a bit rougher than they should've been when I painted them, though (I'm blaming my declining eyesight for that).  The Dremel drilled right through them no issues, as well.  Looks like, feels like, and acts like styrene to me. ;)
Eric

Offline stevethefish

• Addict
  • My name's actually not Steve
    • My homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Fri Apr, 27, 2018, 04:46:AM »
This turned out nicely. You know, Hasegawa hadn't been putting out many car models for quite a while, but in recent years they've exploded with car models. I appreciate this shift, and in July they will release a brand new tooling of the 1970 Mitsubishi Colt Galant. Can't wait to get it.

Offline Mister 4x4

• Habitual User
    • Mister 4x4.net
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Fri Apr, 27, 2018, 09:18:PM »
Thanks!  Still needs a couple final things (like the A-pillars repaired and the license plates, but I'm pretty pleased with it.
Eric