• Scale Model Addict
  • Admin
  • Overdose
    • www.scalemodeladdict.com
    • Awards
Hi guys
« on: Wed Aug, 23, 2017, 09:00:AM »
Hi,
Just thought I'd post a quick hello. Summer is cruising along, haven't touched a model since May but that's ok. Once the cold weather sets in later this fall I'm sure I'll be back to the bench and resume work on the Falcon.

Hope your summer is going well. Thanks for keeping the dust off this website.
Scott -

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #1 on: Wed Aug, 23, 2017, 11:33:AM »

Offline Grendels

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • small business that I own.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Wed Aug, 23, 2017, 10:36:PM »
Good to know, as summer ends here, I get busier with work.

Offline Deere_driver

• Habitual User
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Thu Aug, 24, 2017, 09:25:AM »
Good to hear your summer is going well.  I hope it has been a fruitful season in the garden, but I'm looking forward to seeing more on the Falcon!

Offline Scott Girvan

• Scale Model Addict
  • Admin
  • Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Thu Aug, 24, 2017, 09:31:AM »
Thanks - rough year in the garden. Productive but very dry weather.

Offline winslow

• Just Experimenting
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Thu Aug, 24, 2017, 11:41:AM »
Hi Scott,

I am a new member who is trying to see photos of a Tamiya 1/350 Yamato.  All the photos are gone.  In their place is a note from Photobucket to allow for 3rd party hosting.  Please let me know if there something that I can do from my end.

Thanks.

winslow (actually David-I was born in winslow, AZ

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Thu Aug, 24, 2017, 11:58:AM »
Winslow ,
               Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to see pix posted to Ph*** Bucket by another member since the PB disaster .
               PB screwed the planet over and cut links for 3rd party hosting unless said poster paid a 400 $ ransom for the year .
               I myself was a victim and had to spend an inordinate amount of time to re-upload my pix to IMGUR and then edit all the links back into posts here .
               Many people just said screw it , and decided not to do the same  --- can't blame them but it is unfortunate .

You can Google the Ph*** Bucket disaster if you would like more info .
                If you would like to post pix here  , I highly recommend using IMGUR  , but there are a few other sites you can use for free 

Offline Elm City Hobbies

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • Elm City Hobbies
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Thu Aug, 24, 2017, 04:47:PM »
Garden has sucked here as well. Plants grew OK (mostly) carrots and parsnip, not so much. Lettuce not so much. Green onions did well, until it got really hot.

3 Monet pepper plants, just starting to show buds now, so not likely to show anything.

Tomato plants grew like bad weeds, lots of flowers, but not many have turned into fruit. Cukes are just starting to come, but spaghetti squash has done nothing. Tons of flowers (which I just learned on Master Chef that they are actual edible), but no fruit. 2 plants, at least 6-8 flowers on each...but no fruit.

Hops, have done nothing. Maybe have 10 cones on one plant, the other 3 have done nothing. I blame that on going from 5gal bucket planter to in the ground last fall, so maybe stunted their growth for a year.

Going to walk the manure to them this fall and hope for the best next year.

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Tue Aug, 29, 2017, 11:50:PM »
Winslow  , if you still around , Little late bit I just discover this browser extension workaround to see ransomed PB pix
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/message/1504035816/PB+-+extension+to+make+photos+viewable+again

I post this in new thread in  Chit Chat  also
Cheers

Offline Quaralane

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Sat Sep, 02, 2017, 03:36:PM »
Hopefully, it'll save some headaches in the past posts
"There must be some way out of here," said the Joker to the Thief.
"There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief."
--Bob Dylan, "All Along the Watchtower" 1965--

Offline Jeeves

• Needs Intervention
    • BigDaddyModeler
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Sun Sep, 03, 2017, 12:00:AM »
I'm fortunate I guess...not many perks in my job but I do get summers off- and even with the garden, that's my most active modeling time when I am not mowing the farm :) Zucchini and pickling cucumbers were abundant all at once and then quit on us...I was only able to get one batch of refrigerator pickles done.  My wife's pumpkins and our cherry tomatoes on the other hand are abundant. I have three gallons of the tomatoes in the freezer. The San Marzano tomatoes are just now becoming ripe...hopefully the 40 degree nights won't destroy them before I can convert them to sauce.

On the modeling front, here is what I've accomplished-
Tamiya Patton for a Vietnam build...

Hasagawa Mitsubishi Galant Rally Car done for a review...

1971 Ford Ranger by Moebius just because:

Takom AMX-13/75 for a Six Day War build-

And now I am starting the Meng FT-17 because I just love WWI stuff now...here's my interior so far-

Three days until I have to go back for staff development and then classes start on Thursday so this all slows down after that :(

Offline Scott Girvan

• Scale Model Addict
  • Admin
  • Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Tue Oct, 31, 2017, 04:25:PM »
Wow, that's lots of cool builds.