Author Topic: 1:2256 Carrick cruiser!  (Read 332 times)

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Habitual User
    • Awards
1:2256 Carrick cruiser!
« on: Thu Jul, 06, 2017, 02:58:AM »
Just got Utar's latest kit- the  Carrick  class- and it's a mini masterpiece of engineering and details.

The kit has optional parts to build the ship as either the (frankly senseless ) canon configuration or a much better version with additional details at the bow and engines in line with the rest of the ship.

There's also some INCREDIBLE printed guns to arm the ship to the teeth!

My highest recommendation!
GO BUY THIS!
(Also,  stop selling deathsticks. And would it hurt to call your mother once in a while? )

Offline Quaralane

• Overdose
    • Awards
Re: 1:2256 Carrick cruiser!
« Reply #1 on: Sat Jul, 08, 2017, 03:00:PM »
Detail is incredible on this little guy
"There must be some way out of here," said the Joker to the Thief.
"There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief."
--Bob Dylan, "All Along the Watchtower" 1965--

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Habitual User
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Mon Oct, 16, 2017, 02:33:PM »
Got the build going last night- she still needs the rest of her arsenal of AA guns and serious oil wash to tone everything down, but I'm happy with the addition I've made...
Mostly, I've given the Carrick teeth- and though she won't be dueling any Star Destroyers, she's equipped for her weight class.

Here's some small ships to give the Carrick a bit of scale.. I'm painting that plucked chicken next!

Offline Grendels

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • small business that I own.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Tue Oct, 24, 2017, 01:01:AM »
Well done, looks to be a nice model.

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Habitual User
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Tue Oct, 24, 2017, 05:47:AM »
It's a fantastic kit with a TON of incredible AA guns that cover all of it's firing arcs!
Truly, any STARFIGHTER pilots strafing this ship had better have the Force in their side!

Had a GREAT day off- Modeling and decaling and listening to a great audiobook (Paradox by Peter Clines).

Got the Carrick all complete besides the oil wash- after adding all her many many AA guns....

And I painted the tiny Dornean Gunships too (even added some guns like Nick's awesome build and a big set of sensor dishes to the other).

(pardon my messy workbench!)

Carrick gunships and Strike cruiser in the background.

You can see all the Carrick's guns on display, as well as the larger guns I've added.
I also added an observation/command pod with a bunch of windows.
I just thought it needed a bit of vertical design elements stemming up from the dorsal side, as the lower sensor dish does for the ventral side. Might still add some additional antenna and sensors after I give her the oil wash tomorrow.

Oh! All the decals are mine- custom printed and sourced from the many decal elements and things I made in Adobe Illustrator.

The Rebel Alliance emblem I made by combining the RA emblem with the old Clone Wars circle.
The devil image at the ship's bow is from the card game Sabbac- it's called "The Evil One" and I added it in the traditional use of cards on WWII bombers.

I just think it gives it character.
« Last Edit: Tue Oct, 24, 2017, 06:00:AM by Jason Abbadon »

Offline Scott Girvan

• Scale Model Addict
  • Admin
  • Overdose
    • www.scalemodeladdict.com
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Thu Oct, 26, 2017, 01:08:PM »
Nicely done. Great looking little ship.

This is from ROTJedi I assume?

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Habitual User
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Thu Oct, 26, 2017, 08:31:PM »
The tiny Dornean Gunships are, I think RTOJ while the Carrick is an Expanded Universe ship that's been used in everything from books to video games and RPG stuff.