Author Topic: My 1st and 2nd builds after many years away  (Read 846 times)

Offline Parkflyer50

• Just Experimenting
    • Awards
My 1st and 2nd builds after many years away
« on: Wed Mar, 15, 2017, 03:07:PM »
Hey guys here are a couple of kits I built. they are the Revell special edition 49' Mercury and an old Monogram 70' Boss mustang kit I had stored up in a box for many years..The Mercury kit I saw at Michaels while shopping with my wife. It's not a 1st choice kit for me but it was marked down to $10 because someone sprayed paint all over the box so I said to myself "self do you remember years ago how much fun it was to build these things" I proceeded to buy the model, went down to the local hobby shop got some new supplies and had at it..Needless to say I got hooked. Also, it happens that while cleaning out my garage I ran across a big box of model kits I bought over the years and packed away for later on  (retirement)..Well I cant wait that long. I found so much has changed since I last built anything. There was no BMF, airbrushes were a very expensive item some of the tools and detail parts were nothing compared to whats out now and no internet!..I'm trying to improve my skills little by little..but compared to some of the works of art I see here I have a  long way to go..Thanks for reading and looking hope you guys like um. Thanks    P.S. can anyone give me instructions on how to post pics Im new to this forum.
« Last Edit: Wed Mar, 15, 2017, 03:09:PM by Parkflyer50 »

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
Re: My 1st and 2nd builds after many years away
« Reply #1 on: Wed Mar, 15, 2017, 03:13:PM »

;D   Where are you hosting the pix  ?

Offline Parkflyer50

• Just Experimenting
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Wed Mar, 15, 2017, 03:48:PM »
hello..pics are just on my computer I dont really use any photo apps. I was just hoping to attach pics to the post

Offline Papermodder

• Overdose
  • Modeller in both Plastic and Paper Card
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Wed Mar, 15, 2017, 03:54:PM »
Hi Parkflyer50.
You can only post pics that are stored on a 3rd party photo server like Photobucket. As this site does not store pics directly.

Jim
  F-Troop Forever

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Wed Mar, 15, 2017, 03:55:PM »
  Try out Photobucket   --  free and it works really well with this forum  ( nowadaze )

You will upload the pix from your computer to Photobucket and then that pic will have it's own web address and can be inserted all over  ..   You can't post directly from your PC/phone  ,  it needs it's own identity ,

You can use other hosting sites but I am only familiar with Photobucket .