Author Topic: Bandai Star Wars kits and solvents.  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Grendels

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • small business that I own.
    • Awards
Re: Bandai Star Wars kits and solvents.
« Reply #30 on: Mon Apr, 10, 2017, 03:03:AM »
I have used lacquer paints on Bandia's polycaps with no issues.  In fact they will stick to the poly cap material and won't flake off.   

But I am NOT soaking the parts in it, just painting it on and letting it cure.

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
Re: Bandai Star Wars kits and solvents.
« Reply #31 on: Sun May, 14, 2017, 10:13:PM »

Happy Mother's Day   ;D

--  so here's something  :

Don't know what actually happened here   --  solvent related or not .
   I never liked oils because of the spirits and the long dry-times  ,,  and I'm pretty sure I can do it all with acrylic .
     Last September I got a hold of a couple of the water-mixable oils to weather the Ma.K Giraffe build  ,,  see if coolness was available    ???
     Have no complaint with the paint   ---It's limited to this one build   ,, and the initial application at that ,

BUT  -

The things been sitting still since then so I don't know how the joints could have been that stressed .
        That construction joint puts that styrene under stress by design   --  for friction ,,, nothing sizeable   ???
        Hasegawa plastic    ---     the un-coated one in the pic  ( for the Reiher )  looks pretty solid .

Look see  -

The other one broke at about those red lines  ,   and then the lower pieces broke away

--  I didn't use additional mineral spirits   ( kinda defeats the whole point   ;D  )
             That paint mixes straight away with water

??? ??? :P

I'm sticking with acrylics