Author Topic: First Order TIE fighter and Special Forces TIE from Bandai (with lights)  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
This series shows how to make LED lights in the Bandai First order TIE fighter. Please keep in mind that this TIE is smaller as the normal Imperial TIE. So there is less room to put stuff in. First pained the figures. But who is going to see it when they are in the model?

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Assembled the cockpit and drilled out the sides for placing the 2 Red LEDs. I used a 3 mm drill to make a round hole. Did this for the top en bottom part. Painted the inside black and applied silver dry brush on the edges. I did not use the decals but used the stickers because they remained in the cockpit and the decals did not.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Mounted two LEDs at the side, glued two small straws at the end for the glass fibers. And drilled a hole in the sides for the fibers of the cannons. 

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Next is to put the glass fiber in (0.5 mm) and glue them in place (so they will not be removable any more)

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
The backside of the cockpit has two parts. The outer part and the inner part. This inner part I used to get one wire (the plus) to the other side of the LED. There is, after some modification, room to get the wire between the two parts.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Assembled the cockpit and painted the glass fiber black as a light block.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Put the back side on and soldered all the wires. The power connector will be on the right side, where the battery is attached. As you can see it is a tight fit. A lot of fitting and cutting is required. Also put in the two glass fibers at the back. The two for the guns are on the bottom side

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
After fitting the two back parts, I removed the inner part again and attached it to the cockpit so I could solder the wire. Also on the lower part that goes under the cockpit.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Painted the wings white and used a lot of clamps to get them to hold in place.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Attached power connector. Like in the movie it is connected to the right side of the wing. So a hole must be made in the wing to allow the connector to go trough. Also attached the front of the inner cockpit.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Put the cockpit together after a lot of refitting. Put the two remaining glass fibers to the guns. Used the clear parts as painting masks. did no cut the fibers to there correct length yet. Ready for painting one more time.

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards

COOL  -
                          BUT !

You can put this all in one post      ;D

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Final results

« Last Edit: Sat Sep, 16, 2017, 03:56:PM by Massassi »

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
I know, but in this way I can see I have the right order
« Last Edit: Sat Feb, 18, 2017, 02:54:PM by Massassi »

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Next up is the Special Forces Tie. This is almost the same as the First Order Tie. But there is a little bit more room for wires in the the cockpit. Also for this Tie I first painted everything matt black and removed parts where the LED and wires will go