Author Topic: Space Battleship Yamato stuff  (Read 6594 times)

Offline stevethefish

• Habitual User
  • My name's actually not Steve
    • My homepage
    • Awards
Re: Space Battleship Yamato stuff
« Reply #105 on: Thu Apr, 12, 2018, 09:04:PM »
I have used a similar product branded as InstaMold
Yes, that's the exact same thing. The nice thing about this stuff is that you can reuse it by putting it back in hot water. So far I have only used it with UV-curing clear resin. It works with two-part epoxy resin, but I've yet to do that.

Well, the longer, bent flight deck I cast in clear resin is still a bit flexible after removing it from the mold. Also, there are unfortunately some air bubbles. I've found some other clear resin from an online hobby shop that I might try. Judging by the picture, It may have more for the money than the Tamiya stuff anyway.

Offline Grendels

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • small business that I own.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: Fri Apr, 13, 2018, 02:42:AM »
I use instamold or Oyumaru all the time.  It works just fine with two part resin.

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: Mon Apr, 16, 2018, 01:12:PM »
That sucks about the flight deck casting. Sound like the other stuff will work out better though

And that InstaMold stuff is really easy to use as far as just using hot water to let you redo it

As far as the Lambea, I filled the huge seams on the side and the one on the top flight deck and repainted those areas

I finished some more of the fighters and also got the radar assembly on as well as most of the other surface details like the guns and spikey fins etc...

Mostly done, just a few things left. The remainder of the fighters, the yellow markings on the flight deck and some additional antennas along the 3rd deck which are there in the anime, but not modeled in the kit. I think adding them will make a difference

I also added weathering for the hull and flight decks. I didn't want to go to far overboard with it though

full album here https://flic.kr/s/aHskxY16hb

Offline Quaralane

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: Tue Apr, 17, 2018, 12:33:AM »
Incredible work on this
"There must be some way out of here," said the Joker to the Thief.
"There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief."
--Bob Dylan, "All Along the Watchtower" 1965--

Offline Grendels

• Mod
  • Overdose
    • small business that I own.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: Thu Apr, 19, 2018, 12:58:AM »
Very nice!

Offline blakeh1

• Addict