Author Topic: Space Battleship Yamato stuff  (Read 12516 times)

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
Re: Space Battleship Yamato stuff
« Reply #45 on: Fri Dec, 08, 2017, 10:05:AM »
Thanks Quaralane and Hagoth

i love the yamato series and the kits, i have the andromeda coming to the store today, i'm debating selling it or giving myself an early xmas gift  ;D

I know what I wold do if it was me....early x-mas gift  ;D

Offline Vknight401

• Habitual User
    • PCLetsPlay.com
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: Sat Dec, 09, 2017, 07:19:AM »
Thanks Quaralane and Hagoth

i love the yamato series and the kits, i have the andromeda coming to the store today, i'm debating selling it or giving myself an early xmas gift  ;D

I know what I wold do if it was me....early x-mas gift  ;D

sold one and kept the other  :-X also kept the nirvash typeZero from eureka Seven anime
PCLetsPlay.com

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 11:58:AM »
So I finished the Andromeda

THe wave motion effect is pretty cool

The engine effects looks decent here, but in person, the blue is too blue

The color is weird. Same lighting (outdoors), only a few minutes apart but different backdrop and the color looks different. Much more blue grey. The base coast is pretty much straight Tamiya Ocean Grey 2 (XF-82) over a Black base with some layers of white and black oils added to weather it a bit

And here are some group shots for size comparison

Offline Quaralane

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 01:32:PM »
Looks really good there
"There must be some way out of here," said the Joker to the Thief.
"There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief."
--Bob Dylan, "All Along the Watchtower" 1965--

Offline Vknight401

• Habitual User
    • PCLetsPlay.com
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 03:57:PM »
So I finished the Andromeda

THe wave motion effect is pretty cool

The engine effects looks decent here, but in person, the blue is too blue

The color is weird. Same lighting (outdoors), only a few minutes apart but different backdrop and the color looks different. Much more blue grey. The base coast is pretty much straight Tamiya Ocean Grey 2 (XF-82) over a Black base with some layers of white and black oils added to weather it a bit

And here are some group shots for size comparison

i built the one i kept for myself and just panel lined it, its a simple store display but i still love it
PCLetsPlay.com

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 05:54:PM »

Nice work  -  as always   ;)

I don't know what I think of this  Andromeda   ,,  I'm liking her much more here .
  They're releasing her in the  Mecha Collection   , so I'm definitely scooping up a few  :  https://hlj.com/product/BANN19778
      .  .. .start small      work up to the 1/1000

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 06:50:PM »
Looks really good there

thanks!

i built the one i kept for myself and just panel lined it, its a simple store display but i still love it

With the quality of these kits, even if you doing nothing more than that, they still make for a great show piece

Nice work  -  as always   ;)

I don't know what I think of this  Andromeda   ,,  I'm liking her much more here .
  They're releasing her in the  Mecha Collection   , so I'm definitely scooping up a few  :  https://hlj.com/product/BANN19778
      .  .. .start small      work up to the 1/1000

It is a little different from the classic series Andromeda. I thought the same thing at first, but seeing it in person from different angles, and having a slightly "dirtier"paint job than the Bandai display model has won me over.

They are also doing a 1/2000 line now. So far they have the Andromeda class, plus the carrier versions of them and a new 2202 version Yamato

The 2202 Yamato looks a little weird though compared to the 2199 one. it's something about the panels line and the shapes one back I think.

Offline urumomo

• Overdose
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 07:04:PM »
I think if she were longer and more narrow   ...  IDK 
Seeing your example here has piqued my interest further  . 

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: Fri Dec, 15, 2017, 09:14:PM »
Utterly fantastic. Maaaan, I love the Andromeda.

Offline Vknight401

• Habitual User
    • PCLetsPlay.com
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: Wed Jan, 10, 2018, 11:43:PM »
i had to do it, while restocking my hobby shop i bought this for myself to go with my andromeda

PCLetsPlay.com

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 03:15:PM »
i had to do it, while restocking my hobby shop i bought this for myself to go with my andromeda

Cool!

I am probably going to break down and get one as well. I loved doing the Andromeda, and this is an excuse to build a second one but still have a different display model

Out of curiosity, where is your hobby shop?

As for this years plan....I just recently got the last ship I needed to complete the line up from Rainbow Cluster battle (that was one of my favorite episodes)

I started on the Lambea carrier

for the lighting, I know very little about creating circuits or getting things to flash etc..

So I literally am just using "plug-n-play" style LEDs from here ...
https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html
https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/led1.html

They are pre-wired with resistors for use with either a 9 volt battery or one of their regulated adapters
They also have cool effect ones like flickering, flashing all pre-wired and ready to go

All I need to do is just wiring them all together at one connection point and done. Not worrying about putting anything in series.

Not very elegant, but it's very easy and quick. Lighting is usually what stalls builds for me, so anything to make it easy and relatively inexpensive is good

At any rate here is where I am at currently

1.8 mm red ones for the engines

3mm yellow one and .25 mm fiber optics for the runway lights

Once I paint it I will clip the fibers

One the top deck I think I might use a flashing yellow

There is no a lot of room for these and you have to file down or cutaway some of the plastic supports so fibers and wires sit flush

« Last Edit: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 03:18:PM by blakeh1 »

Offline Vknight401

• Habitual User
    • PCLetsPlay.com
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 09:17:PM »

Cool!

I am probably going to break down and get one as well. I loved doing the Andromeda, and this is an excuse to build a second one but still have a different display model

Out of curiosity, where is your hobby shop?

As for this years plan....I just recently got the last ship I needed to complete the line up from Rainbow Cluster battle (that was one of my favorite episodes)

I started on the Lambea carrier

for the lighting, I know very little about creating circuits or getting things to flash etc..

So I literally am just using "plug-n-play" style LEDs from here ...
https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html
https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/led1.html

They are pre-wired with resistors for use with either a 9 volt battery or one of their regulated adapters
They also have cool effect ones like flickering, flashing all pre-wired and ready to go

All I need to do is just wiring them all together at one connection point and done. Not worrying about putting anything in series.

Not very elegant, but it's very easy and quick. Lighting is usually what stalls builds for me, so anything to make it easy and relatively inexpensive is good

At any rate here is where I am at currently

1.8 mm red ones for the engines

3mm yellow one and .25 mm fiber optics for the runway lights

Once I paint it I will clip the fibers

One the top deck I think I might use a flashing yellow

There is no a lot of room for these and you have to file down or cutaway some of the plastic supports so fibers and wires sit flush

the shop i own is in rhode island. now they are releasing the 2nd sister ship the apollonorm with the carrier in march
PCLetsPlay.com

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 10:10:PM »
the shop i own is in rhode island. now they are releasing the 2nd sister ship the apollonorm with the carrier in march

darn, I need a somewhat local brick and mortar hobby store near me. The one we had that was within a 20 minute drive close when the owner retired a few years ago, and the nearest thing to a hobby shop is Hobby Lobby which is an just under an hour away

Is the carrier going to be in 1/1000 or is that going to be the 1/2000?

Also I think they were releasing a cheaper no electronics version from the direct store (good only for Japan addresses?)

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 10:54:PM »
That new Andromeda is so purdy as to make a grown man weep.

Makes me want the Mechanical version to see it's scale.
Andromeda's twin Wave Motion Cannons vs. a 1:2700 Star Destroyer....
Well, I don't think the Imperials have much chance.
« Last Edit: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 11:13:PM by Jason Abbadon »

Offline Vknight401

• Habitual User
    • PCLetsPlay.com
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: Fri Jan, 12, 2018, 08:33:AM »

darn, I need a somewhat local brick and mortar hobby store near me. The one we had that was within a 20 minute drive close when the owner retired a few years ago, and the nearest thing to a hobby shop is Hobby Lobby which is an just under an hour away

Is the carrier going to be in 1/1000 or is that going to be the 1/2000?

Also I think they were releasing a cheaper no electronics version from the direct store (good only for Japan addresses?)

the apollonorm carrier is 1/1000 with no electronics the USD retail is $70 so goes to show how much you are paying for the lights and sound lol

PCLetsPlay.com