Author Topic: Bandai Shore Trooper Diorama at Scariff  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
Bandai Shore Trooper Diorama at Scariff
« on: Thu Jan, 04, 2018, 04:30:PM »
Made a new Diorama for the Shore trooper on the planet Scariff during the holidays. Made a 3D model of the Kyber Cyristal Container and the Scaraff floor panels and printed them. The 3D models can be downloaded here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2738385
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2738217

Offline stevethefish

• Addict
  • My name's actually not Steve
    • My homepage
    • Awards
Re: Bandai Shore Trooper Diorama at Scariff
« Reply #1 on: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 02:14:AM »
Wow! Very cool. Custom decals on the container I see as well.

Offline blakeh1

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Thu Jan, 11, 2018, 04:00:PM »
Awesome!

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Mon Jan, 15, 2018, 02:41:AM »

No, I have drawn them with a fineliner and masked the white parts and spraypainted them.
The letters are also drawn by hand. But custom decals would be a beter option. (any tips on how to print them?)

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Wed Jan, 17, 2018, 02:41:AM »

No, I have drawn them with a fineliner and masked the white parts and spraypainted them.
The letters are also drawn by hand. But custom decals would be a beter option. (any tips on how to print them?)

Decals are cake- buy laser safe decals off eBay (get 8.5x11" size). They'll run maybe a buck a sheet...and you can ceam a LOT of decals on a single sheet!

Then just make your decals on whatever graphics program you prefer, save the file as a PDF and head down to FedEx Office or Office Depot or wherever and have them print your file on your decal paper.
You can easily download Arebesh font (Star Wars font) for your writing. It's also a great use to make pinstripes and stripes of various thickness- they're great for detailing all sorts of things.
Black and yellow warning stripes rock for detailing containers too.
You can even "paint chip" the decals before application by lightly touching the decals with blue painter's tape to mar them.

Anyway, if you want more advice, PM me- I've been doing homemade decals for several years now.

Offline Massassi

• Habitual User
    • www.massassi.nl
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Fri Jan, 19, 2018, 11:58:AM »

Decals are cake- buy laser safe decals off eBay (get 8.5x11" size). They'll run maybe a buck a sheet...and you can ceam a LOT of decals on a single sheet!

Then just make your decals on whatever graphics program you prefer, save the file as a PDF and head down to FedEx Office or Office Depot or wherever and have them print your file on your decal paper.
You can easily download Arebesh font (Star Wars font) for your writing. It's also a great use to make pinstripes and stripes of various thickness- they're great for detailing all sorts of things.
You can even "paint chip" the decals before application by lightly touching the decals with blue painter's tape to mar them.

Anyway, if you want more advice, PM me- I've been doing homemade decals for several years now.

Can you give me a link on ebay?
Then I will know what to look for in my local store. I have a laser printer at work, and photoshop is very often open on my pc. I also have a collection of star wars fonts on my website.
http://massassi.ourhobby.com/massassi/multimedia/font/font.htm

Offline stevethefish

• Addict
  • My name's actually not Steve
    • My homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Mon Jan, 22, 2018, 01:28:AM »
I bought some laser decal paper by Fine Molds, thinking that it wouldn't be as thick as the inkjet decal paper by Testors I've used with spotty results. The decals are still thick and look crappy. I used the white decal paper. Not sure if it's thicker than the clear decal paper. I printed out a whole sheet thinking "Ohmygosh this is gonna look so neat," but after I used the first one, I felt like I've wasted my money.

Offline Jason Abbadon

• Addict
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Mon Jan, 29, 2018, 02:23:AM »

Can you give me a link on ebay?
Then I will know what to look for in my local store. I have a laser printer at work, and photoshop is very often open on my pc. I also have a collection of star wars fonts on my website.
http://massassi.ourhobby.com/massassi/multimedia/font/font.htm

I'm pretty sure this is the guy I buy from. Decals are not as thin as Bandai decals but work great with Solvaset.

Offline Shark

• Needs Intervention
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Tue Jan, 30, 2018, 05:37:PM »
Very cool. 

It's a trap!